Oct 21, 2017
Elliot Lake, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2000 base coupe, M6
Canadian Tire had a sale, 10x17, $250. Last year I just put the cover on the car, and tarped it over, but pita to unwrap to work on it. Ok, I’m kind of kidding, I’d never trust that my C5 would be safe in a portable garage outside in a Northern Ontario winter, but a portable garage set up inside a large heated, kind of busy shop should protect it just fine. LoL. At one point it looked like I might loose a tenant who had about 1000 sq ft of my shop, and I considered setting up more portable garages inside to rent out for vehicle storage. I figured a 10x17 set up inside a heated building should be worth $100 a month at a minimum. Anyway, if anyone else is storing their cars inside their working shop for the winter, the cheap portable garage seems to protect it much better than just tarps.

Canadian Tire had a sale, 10x17, $250. Last year I just put the cover on the car, and tarped it over, but pita to unwrap to work on it. Ok, I’m kind of kidding, I’d never trust that my C5 would be safe in a portable garage outside in a Northern Ontario winter, but a portable garage set up inside a large heated, kind of busy shop should protect it just fine. LoL. At one point it looked like I might loose a tenant who had about 1000 sq ft of my shop, and I considered setting up more portable garages inside to rent out for vehicle storage. I figured a 10x17 set up inside a heated building should be worth $100 a month at a minimum. Anyway, if anyone else is storing their cars inside their working shop for the winter, the cheap portable garage seems to protect it much better than just tarps.

Bob it's a cool idea to keep the car clean when stored in a big active shop. You can go in pull of the (clean) cover and walk around the car easily. Otherwise storing the car in an active shop without your mini garage will require having a cover for the cover... as a single cover would be ruined from dust and spilled beers. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.