Power User
Aug 20, 2014
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Z51 M7
Province
ON
Finally installed the Borla x-pipe on my 2015 z51. The disassembly went fairly well until I tried removing the stock x-pipe from the rear muffler. A real pia. I jacked up one side of the car so very little room to loosen the x-pipe. It took about 20 minutes on small up and down movements to get it off. The install was easy, again until I had to line up the flanges. One side was spot on, the other side was off about 1/8 of an inch. It's not easy to bend the x-pipe without the proper tools. I have ARH mid length headers so I didn't want to touch them. An hour later got the bolts to line up. Then I snaped the bolt for the hanger. It says 35 lbs/ft, this was too much. After that, the rest was easy, bolted the clamps to 35 lbs/ft and then the bottom plate. I can't wait to hear what the car sounds like. Hopefully it will not be too loud.

Finally installed the Borla x-pipe on my 2015 z51. The disassembly went fairly well until I tried removing the stock x-pipe from the rear muffler. A real pia. I jacked up one side of the car so very little room to loosen the x-pipe. It took about 20 minutes on small up and down movements to get it off. The install was easy, again until I had to line up the flanges. One side was spot on, the other side was off about 1/8 of an inch. It's not easy to bend the x-pipe without the proper tools. I have ARH mid length headers so I didn't want to touch them. An hour later got the bolts to line up. Then I snaped the bolt for the hanger. It says 35 lbs/ft, this was too much. After that, the rest was easy, bolted the clamps to 35 lbs/ft and then the bottom plate. I can't wait to hear what the car sounds like. Hopefully it will not be too loud.
I have the same car and looking to install the Borla 60547 off road. which model did you get ?

I have the same car and looking to install the Borla 60547 off road. which model did you get ?

Honestly, I don't remember the model number. It was the one without the cats. It bolts onto the headers and slips on the mufflers. I did get a CEL after the install that required a tune. It may be because I have the ARH catted mid length headers and B & B Bullets with the NPP removed and a Halltech CAI. All of these may have resulted in the CEL once the x-pipe was on. Perhaps too may mods for the stock sensors. Enjoy the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.