Jun 7, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
C8 Corvette
Province
ON
The new black exhaust tips on the C8 are a different shape, but from what I read some people claim they also have a different ( better ?) sound than the standard tips that come with the performance exhaust. Has any one ever compared the sound of these 2 systems side by side to see if they actually sound different ??

I've not heard them side by each but I had a 2020 with the "regular exhaust tips" and now own a 2023 with the black tips. Both with the same OEM performance exhaust system. They sound the same to me although my across the street neighbour thinks my 2023 sounds louder, with a cold start. He's not complaining: he actually likes the sound, since he's a "car person" although he's not into Corvettes.

But having said that, I'm still in the "break-in period" so I'm not hearing my exhaust note with high RPM's. Maybe (I doubt it) there will be a difference but the "start-up bark" sounds the same to me.

I'm interested to see your other responses.

Reactions: Fritzn' Around
I don't think it is a big difference but people have said that my black tips do sound different. Cannot tell from inside the car. Best would be a side by side comparison.
Are the tips larger? A larger tip will tend to sound a bit more throaty while a smaller tip will sound a bit more raspy

I have the black tips and it does sound a bit more throaty than what I expected but have not driven a nonblack tip car back to back. A few videos seem to show a difference but if your looking for a big change the aftermarket is the place to go. Either way love the sound but want more...a lot more.
a half inch hole drilled into the bottom of each muffler will give you more and will help drain the condensation moisture out of the mufflers as well. :Biggrin:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.