Jan 21, 2020
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Would like to learn from member who had gone through the order process. At what point you guys signed the bill of sale? On the date you got notified of an allocation and came in to do the paperwork? When you order advanced to 2000? 3000? I think signing the contract makes the deposit non-refundable so just curious when exactly you guys came to that point. Thanks

I signed my bill of sale when order was put into workbench ie status 1100 and was told that my order is being matched to an allocation that was received on Dec 21, 2020... but seeing as I am still status 1100 as far as I know that is not the case

My experience was far different. Once I had an allocation and before placing my order, my dealer made it clear my deposit would be non-refundable once my order was submitted to GM, which I agreed to. That was mentioned in emails so my dealer had my agreement in writing. I didn't sign a BOS until the car was actually received by the dealership so not too long before pick-up and that's only because I asked the BOS get sent to me in advance, to make everything quicker at p/u. Normally, I would have signed the BOS during p/u. That way you can discuss financing options, a price reduction after deducting GM credit card accumulated "cash" and a trade-in price reduction, if applicable. So I'm surprised you'd be asked to sign a BOS so early. Perhaps how this works varies between the Provinces? Perhaps your initial BOS is subject to amendments/finalization when the vehicle comes in?

Sorry forgot there is also a agreement to purchase as well. I think that one, when signed, is a valid contract between you and dealer. From all of reply, looks like the signed agreement to purchase is signed at the time when the allocation is given to you and deposit is not refundable. Bill of sale sounds like it is done at the time of the delivery (sorry for the confusion)

Signed my bill of sale today when I picked up my 21 HTC!
I didn't sign anything nor did I give a deposit. Sent an email with my configured build and ask them to order in July of 2019,
car was built July 24, 2020. Arrived at dealership on Aug. 12th.
Gave dealer a bank transfer and signed paperwork when I picked up the car.
The C8 was my 8th purchase from the dealer since 2006 so we had a solid relationship.

After the official reveal on July 18, 2019, I signed an agreement to purchase at W/N with a deposit on July 23rd of 2019. I was told that put me 28th on their list. I also had to sign off on some fine print on the back of the agreement that said it would become null and void if my dealer did not deliver in a said time. (not sure but I think it was 6 months?) Seems crazy that I hadn't seen one at the time and, other than the base price of the car in the US (that was announced at the reveal), I had no idea what it, or it's options, would cost me here in Canada. I didn't have to pick options or colour until they had an allocation to match up with my order. That happened in Jan. 2020 and I signed off on that. At that time there where only prices for a few options announced in the US only. There were no more signatures until the final bill of sale when I took delivery Aug. 20, 2020. I was never told, nor did I have anything in writing, that said my deposit was non-refundable. I later learned that my dealer did refund some peoples deposit but that was never an idea that I entertained. A lot of people have gone through this lengthy emotional process and know how you feel. Most will tell you it was worth it, including me. Hope this helps.

Seems crazy that I hadn't seen one at the time and, other than the base price of the car in the US (that was announced at the reveal), I had no idea what it, or it's options, would cost me here in Canada. I didn't have to pick options or colour until they had an allocation to match up with my order. That happened in Jan. 2020 and I signed off on that. At that time there where only prices for a few options announced in the US only.
Full pricing was available early December. All my options were signed off on in December. I also put down a deposit long before ever seeing the car or knew the base price, though every source said it would be 69k

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.