Perhaps a pipe dream, but I still hope to get a C8 Z06 "one of these years" and may "settle" for an E-Ray out of frustration...

In the meantime, the ramps on my 4-post lift (a "Lift King" 9XLT) just barely fit my 2023 C8 Stingray tires (see attached photo) after carefully lining it up. I'll measure the distance between the outer edges of the tires for the Stingray. But we know the Z06 is 3.6" wider than the Stingray, so I know the Z06/E-ray tires would overhang my ramps, which might not be the best for the tires over the winter months when the car is parked on the lift/ramps. The business who sold me the 4-post lift, felt there'd likely be no damage to the tires, if overhanging the ramps for 5-6 months and it will only look weird; so an aesthetic problem rather than a functional one. But I'd rather not take any chances. With that in mind, I'm now exploring putting additions on each side of the ramps, to provide a greater parking surface and accommodate wider tires. I'm also told by a Z06 owner, the Z06 is about 80.5" when measuring the distance between the outer tire edges. I'll post the Stingray measurement, once I have it, to see the difference. That distance will depend upon the wheel camber, so anyone playing with camber will have to take that into account, as well.

I say all this, for anyone looking to purchase a Z06 or E-Ray. You definitely have to worry about getting an appropriate trailer, due to their extra width...plus if you're fussy like me, the width of the ramps on any 4-post lift.

2023 C8 Parked for Winter 2.jpg

Tires can hang over a couple of inches, but what worries me is the total width of the car. I'm afraid to come off the hoist. Going on I can fold the mirrors, but coming off I need the mirrors to see when backing off it! The mirrors are so dam close to the posts.

If your worried about the 1" to 1 1/2" or so of tire overhang, just get 4 pieces of 1/4" plate steel the full width of the tire plus a little extra by say 24" long, mark the center of your tires on the ramp then take the car off, bolt the 1/4 plate on so that it will extend an inch or so outboard of your tires, run the car back up and the plate will support the tire. I'm thinking this should eleviate any tire damage due to overhang of the ramp.

Perhaps a pipe dream, but I still hope to get a C8 Z06 "one of these years" and may "settle" for an E-Ray out of frustration...

In the meantime, the ramps on my 4-post lift (a "Lift King" 9XLT) just barely fit my 2023 C8 Stingray tires (see attached photo) after carefully lining it up. I'll measure the distance between the outer edges of the tires for the Stingray. But we know the Z06 is 3.6" wider than the Stingray, so I know the Z06/E-ray tires would overhang my ramps, which might not be the best for the tires over the winter months when the car is parked on the lift/ramps. The business who sold me the 4-post lift, felt there'd likely be no damage to the tires, if overhanging the ramps for 5-6 months and it will only look weird; so an aesthetic problem rather than a functional one. But I'd rather not take any chances. With that in mind, I'm now exploring putting additions on each side of the ramps, to provide a greater parking surface and accommodate wider tires. I'm also told by a Z06 owner, the Z06 is about 80.5" when measuring the distance between the outer tire edges. I'll post the Stingray measurement, once I have it, to see the difference. That distance will depend upon the wheel camber, so anyone playing with camber will have to take that into account, as well.

I say all this, for anyone looking to purchase a Z06 or E-Ray. You definitely have to worry about getting an appropriate trailer, due to their extra width...plus if you're fussy like me, the width of the ramps on any 4-post lift.

View attachment 105951
Well this could be interesting? I have 3 of the Lift King 9XLT 4 post lifts in my rear garage. I've always left the C8's on the bottom and never placed the corvettes on the upper lift. I guess I should measure my Z06 and see how it will sit on the ramps. Good information....thanks

If your worried about the 1" to 1 1/2" or so of tire overhang, just get 4 pieces of 1/4" plate steel the full width of the tire plus a little extra by say 24" long, mark the center of your tires on the ramp then take the car off, bolt the 1/4 plate on so that it will extend an inch or so outboard of your tires, run the car back up and the plate will support the tire. I'm thinking this should eleviate any tire damage due to overhang of the ramp.

Good idea, understood and thanks. Call me silly, but I'd like a uniform look for the lift ramps, rather than 4 smaller sections added (2 per side) so I'll likely widen each side for the entire ramp length. HOWEVER, I'm waiting to hear back from the metal fabrication shop so I don't know if this will be cost prohibitive and if it is, your idea would work well. Appreciate the common-sense input.

Reactions: OL Yeller
I originally had a Lift King Pro King 8 4-post lift but sold it specifically to get a wider lift I knew would work for the Z06. I ASSUMED the wider lift would come with wider ramps but it didn’t, so my bad, which is why I’m now looking to create a wider parking surface on the 9XLT. If you’re shopping for a lift, don’t make my mistake: figure out ALL the dimensions to ensure it’s suitable for your application.

BTW, my measurement of the width separating the outside of the C8 Stingray tires, is 74.5” or 6” less than the Z06. I’ll redo the measurement when I have help (someone to hold the other end of the tape), but that’s very close.

Doesn't help your existing situation however I would look for a clear floor design.
I originally had a Lift King Pro King 8 4-post lift but sold it specifically to get a wider lift I knew would work for the Z06. I ASSUMED the wider lift would come with wider ramps but it didn’t, so my bad, which is why I’m now looking to create a wider parking surface on the 9XLT. If you’re shopping for a lift, don’t make my mistake: figure out ALL the dimensions to ensure it’s suitable for your application.

BTW, my measurement of the width separating the outside of the C8 Stingray tires, is 74.5” or 6” less than the Z06. I’ll redo the measurement when I have help (someone to hold the other end of the tape), but that’s very close.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230224_130351_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230224_130351_Gallery.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 29
Those aren't my toys, that was just a pic I found online regarding the lift. Attached is my toy and a Z06/Z07 will join it at some point.
20220413_161534.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread