Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
I thought I had ordered one based on recommendation from someone on CCF; but, no charge to PP or CC account. I believe it was Best Buy? I must be losing it - whatever it is? LOL
While I am at it, I do not see the benefit on Z or My Mode what am I missing? I looked at them. Maybe it is because I have not completed my break-in period - only have 530 km so far?

I thought I had ordered one based on recommendation from someone on CCF; but, no charge to PP or CC account. I believe it was Best Buy? I must be losing it - whatever it is? LOL
While I am at it, I do not see the benefit on Z or My Mode what am I missing? I looked at them. Maybe it is because I have not completed my break-in period - only have 530 km so far?
They are both programable.
One big difference is if you use Zmode the car defaults to Tour on the next restart. If you use MyMode it always starts in MyMode

They are both programable.
One big difference is if you use Zmode the car defaults to Tour on the next restart. If you use MyMode it always starts in MyMode
Thanks Murray. I always drive in sport mode so probably would not use either. I should drive in tour or E - not sure has this - C7 did - 4 cylinders around town - maybe C8 defaults to that?

Thanks Murray. I always drive in sport mode so probably would not use either. I should drive in tour or E - not sure has this - C7 did - 4 cylinders around town - maybe C8 defaults to that?
You can set up MyMode to be Sport Mode. Then it will stay like that at restart. I can't remember the specifics, but I believe everything is available in either Zmode or MyMode. If you need it to be Zmode it's a lot easier to switch to Zmode than it is to switch to sport

You can set up MyMode to be Sport Mode. Then it will stay like that at restart. I can't remember the specifics, but I believe everything is available in either Zmode or MyMode. If you need it to be Zmode it's a lot easier to switch to Zmode than it is to switch to sport
Okay. Thanks. I hope I get to drive it a lot - some road trips this spring/summer? I will drive during the winter here if roads are dry and no salt on the roads. I drove my C7 a fair bit last winter because my son had my SUV which I have since given to him gratis and bought myself a new one - no decent used ones for a fair price.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I believe sport mode monitors for “spirited” driving and enables performance shift features. I don’t think that’s possible with My Mode. My Mode allows for the customization of engine sound, steering feel, suspension (if, equipped with Z51), and brake response. It does not allow performance shifting configuration. If I remember correctly, Z mode can be configured to go into Race 1 with a second push of the button going into Race 2.
Anyhow, the Driver Mode Control section of the manual provides good information.
Enjoy your car!!

I believe sport mode monitors for “spirited” driving and enables performance shift features. I don’t think that’s possible with My Mode. My Mode allows for the customization of engine sound, steering feel, suspension (if, equipped with Z51), and brake response. It does not allow performance shifting configuration. If I remember correctly, Z mode can be configured to go into Race 1 with a second push of the button going into Race 2.
Ya, now that you mention it. I thought there was something not available in MyMode. I don't have Z51 so there are other things I don't have.

Anyhow, the Driver Mode Control section of the manual provides good information.
Enjoy your car!!
Great explanation - thanks. Yes, mine is a Z51.

Best Buy had them on sale for Black Friday but if you need delivery its cheaper to buy from Amazon at about $30

Amazon product ASIN B073JYC4XM
Z mode is a button rather than the knob so really quick to activate and but does not stay active after car is turned off. My Mode is a knob setting and remains active after car is shutoff otherwise default is tour.
Tour: The defaults are OK for daily driving.
Sport: Stiffens steering but also suspension so I like some of the settings
Track: I will never use.
So here's some suggestions:
My Mode lets you configure Sound, Steering Suspension and Brake. I set My Mode up so I have
Sound: Sport
Steering : Sport
Suspension: Tour
Brakes: Tour

I set Z-Mode
Sound: Track
Steering: Sport
Suspension: Sport
Brake: Tour

So heres my day driving to Whistler: I start off in Tour and meander up to Horseshoe Bay. Now its that nice curvy section for 350km so I switch to My Mode. Car is a bit louder and steering a bit firmer.

On the way back home I spy a low slung 2 seater car in my rear view mirror so click the Z and the fun begins. Approaching Horseshoe Bay click the Z and its back to Tour mode.

Last edited:
Best Buy had them on sale for Black Friday but if you need delivery its cheaper to buy from Amazon at about $30

Amazon product ASIN B073JYC4XM
Z mode is a button rather than the knob so really quick to activate and but does not stay active after car is turned off. My Mode is a knob setting and remains active after car is shutoff otherwise default is tour.
Tour: The defaults are OK for daily driving.
Sport: Stiffens steering but also suspension so I like some of the settings
Track: I will never use.
So here's some suggestions:
My Mode lets you configure Sound, Steering Suspension and Brake. I set My Mode up so I have
Sound: Sport
Steering : Sport
Suspension: Tour
Brakes: Tour

I set Z-Mode
Sound: Track
Steering: Sport
Suspension: Sport
Brake: Tour

So heres my day driving to Whistler: I start off in Tour and meander up to Horseshoe Bay. Now its that nice curvy section for 350km so I switch to My Mode. Car is a bit louder and steering a bit firmer.

On the way back home I spy a low slung 2 seater car in my rear view mirror so click the Z and the fun begins. Approaching Horseshoe Bay click the Z and its back to Tour mode.
Awesome. Thank you for that very understandable explanation/example of the two settings. Lets go for a cruise.
Sorry for asking about this again: SD Card for PDR - which one to buy that is FAT32 formatted which is apparently the one to get? There are sales right now so wanted to order one. Should I get more than one? Technically challenged old guy - LOL. This car is crazy.

SD Card I bought from Best Buy on sale but now the cheapest is Amazon.ca. The requirements from the manual are Class 10, 16gB and format exFAT. Don't worry about the format because you will format it in the car. Heres some suggestions:

1. a C10 SD card has this symbol:
1639683881745.png

2. I bought 128gB because they are now inexpensive and after 1200 km mine still shows just 24% used.
3. Insert it into the glove compartment SD card slot and FORMAT using the PDR screen.
4. I will FORMAT mine about once a month because that is the simplest way to delete all the old videos and clean up the card.
5. I doubt you will ever need more than one.

I got my fuel cover paint chip fixed and PPF completed so ready for a cruise next sunny day.

Awesome. Thank you for that very understandable explanation/example of the two settings. Lets go for a cruise.

Sorry for asking about this again: SD Card for PDR - which one to buy that is FAT32 formatted which is apparently the one to get? There are sales right now so wanted to order one. Should I get more than one? Technically challenged old guy - LOL. This car is crazy.
What gdb069 said. I might add that I bring the card in every once and a while and move the files to my hard drive, but you don't have to. You can let the card fill up and it will delete the oldest ones to make room to write the newer files.

SD Card I bought from Best Buy on sale but now the cheapest is Amazon.ca. The requirements from the manual are Class 10, 16gB and format exFAT. Don't worry about the format because you will format it in the car. Heres some suggestions:

1. a C10 SD card has this symbol:
View attachment 90731
2. I bought 128gB because they are now inexpensive and after 1200 km mine still shows just 24% used.
3. Insert it into the glove compartment SD card slot and FORMAT using the PDR screen.
4. I will FORMAT mine about once a month because that is the simplest way to delete all the old videos and clean up the card.
5. I doubt you will ever need more than one.

I got my fuel cover paint chip fixed and PPF completed so ready for a cruise next sunny day.
Thank you. Is there a part number etc. for the one you bought? I'd hate to order the wrong one. Hey, glad your car is all ready to rock and roll again. Again, thank you for your patience and help.:Cheers2:

What gdb069 said. I might add that I bring the card in every once and a while and move the files to my hard drive, but you don't have to. You can let the card fill up and it will delete the oldest ones to make room to write the newer files.
Thank you.:carwork:

Thank you. Is there a part number etc. for the one you bought? I'd hate to order the wrong one. Hey, glad your car is all ready to rock and roll again. Again, thank you for your patience and help.:Cheers2:
Amazon product ASIN B08GYKNCCP
If you are really not good at this I have no problem in buying one and dropping off on a sunny day and comparing notes.

Amazon product ASIN B08GYKNCCP
If you are really not good at this I have no problem in buying one and dropping off on a sunny day and comparing notes.
That would be really cool. Good on you to offer. It would be great. Love to see your car - I love that color. It was my color of choice until I realized I may not get to order for quite a while and bought this car - which is really nice, I must say.

That would be really cool. Good on you to offer. It would be great. Love to see your car - I love that color. It was my color of choice until I realized I may not get to order for quite a while and bought this car - which is really nice, I must say.
Thanks again Gord for taking the time to meet up and install the SD chip for my PDR. It was very kind of you. Nice to meet your wife Gina as well: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread