This topic has come up before. Doing a search will come up with earlier posts that answer your question. Here's one to help you out:

Any good deals on Mobil 1 0w40 Supercar? Was hoping to save some money on oil changes and do them myself but this oil is crazy expensive everywhere
Read your owners manual. Mobil 1 Synthetic Dexos 1 certified is your recommended oil. Mobil's marketing is great. In a year or two they will come out with Mobil 1 SuperDuper Superior Ultimate High Advancement Supercar oil at $30 a litre and know that sports car owners will buy it because they think it's the only oil they are allowed to use. JMHO

Read your owners manual. Mobil 1 Synthetic Dexos 1 certified is your recommended oil. Mobil's marketing is great. In a year or two they will come out with Mobil 1 SuperDuper Superior Ultimate High Advancement Supercar oil at $30 a litre and know that sports car owners will buy it because they think it's the only oil they are allowed to use. JMHO
0w40 Dexos 2 is the only one approved for both street and track use..

0w40 Dexos 2 is the only one approved for both street and track use..
I agree. That's what they recommend now for street use. Not what they recommended when the car was built. Didn't realize you were talking about track use. In that case 15-50 is recommended now for the track.

Anyone have any luck with a local Mobil 1 distributor here in Ontario? I've reached out to 2 and both want 750 minimum orders
Buy the minimum. Add $5 a quart and resell. If it doesn't sell then you have solved your oil problem for the rest of your life. Lol.

Any good deals on Mobil 1 0w40 Supercar? Was hoping to save some money on oil changes and do them myself but this oil is crazy expensive everywhere
Im sure you know this .... but amazon 6 quarts 145

The Lubricant Store in Elgin Illinois has it for 63 USD / 6 quarts but wont ship to canada LOL what else is new

They may ship to Niagara Falls NY I have a PMB mailing address thru CBI Im gonna try to order that way. Im in toronto not too far from the boarder . CBI USA is free to get up and running and they only charge a small fee when picking up your goods . We are always back and forth from the states so it works for me.

Just for info .... CBI is NOT a freight forwarding company. You have to go pick up your goods.

If you go to Niagara Fall every once in awhile ....... great excuse for a mini road trip score extra points by telling the wife she can do some shopping;)

I actually picked up 2 quarts last summer near my place in Bonita Springs Fla. Estero Bay Chevrolet...11.99 USD per quart ... might be a bit of a trek :)

I bought the 2 quarts just to have them in the garage.......I just recently blew through my last free oil change....and im glad i did ....moving forward i will change the oil myself.....makes me nervous leaving my car at the stealership

Good Luck

Last edited:
For you guys in the Edmonton or Northern Alberta area talk to Sydney at Bluewave Energy. She'll set you up with some at a very good price. And for those outside the area, wouldn't hurt to ask if she could ship it out to you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.