Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
Any recommendations for the best place to get an oil change on my C6 in the Calgary area? Are the dealers reliable with a Corvette. Shaganappi? Capital? Jack Carter? FYI its My first Vette.

Thanks in advance.

Any recommendations for the best place to get an oil change on my C6 in the Calgary area? Are the dealers reliable with a Corvette. Shaganappi? Capital? Jack Carter? FYI its My first Vette.

Thanks in advance.
Definitely Carter and Definitely Shaganappi. I would try Capital as well but I have not done so as of yet.

I do not support the CMP Group (CMP, Shaw & Okotoks). I also am not a big fan of GSL. The only rule of thumb I’ve learned is to make sure the dealership you decide on actually sells new Corvettes. Even for just simple oil changes.

I will travel to Red Deer, Westaskiwin and Edmonton (Northgate) for service as well because the drive is nice. I’m actually heading to Edmonton next week to pick up some parts (best price) ... and hopefully say hi to some corvette friends there too 🙂👍🏻

There are also a few decent auto shops and one I know of is ZR Auto and @MikeysZ06 has experience with them.
Davenport is another place I am going to “entertain” once I am past warranty on my C7s.

Anything more specific ... feel free to send a PM

Last edited:
Shaganappi for me Cariboo. I live 5 mins away from them and have had all my oil changes (6) done there. Never had an issue. They use Mobil 1 as required and they open early as well weekdays,,,06:30 AM.

Reactions: LUVMYC7
Definitely Carter and Definitely Shaganappi. I would try Capital as well but I have not done so as of yet.

I do not support the CMP Group (CMP, Shaw & Okotoks). I also am not a big fan of GSL. The only rule of thumb I’ve learned is to make sure the dealership you decide on actually sells new Corvettes. Even for just simple oil changes.

I will travel to Red Deer, Westaskiwin and Edmonton (Northgate) for service as well because the drive is nice. I’m actually heading to Edmonton next week to pick up some parts (best price) ... and hopefully say hi to some corvette friends there too 🙂👍🏻

There are also a few decent auto shops and one I know of is ZR Auto and @MikeysZ06 has experience with them.
Davenport is another place I am going to “entertain” once I am past warranty on my C7s.

Anything more specific ... feel free to send a PM
Yes,Hawk pads and rotors at ZR. Great service there from Zahir and his staff. Les Wells (7 years @Western Corvette,5 Years @ ZR) did my brakes. New this year for them is the “Don’t pay for 90 days” feature. I’m taking advantage of that for my window tinting and an ECU tune this summer.

Thanks in advance.
Hi - Capital has given me great service, I bought my first C7 from them in 2014 and just bought a 19 Grand Sport. I have always found them to be fair and they have definitely gone the extra mile at times like importing a windshield for me etc. The dealership gets high marks.

I bought mine at Shaganappi and have done everything through them. always had great and friendly service. Last time I was allowed to stand in the adjoining bay to watch the service tech do my oil change. Taught me a lot about the car I didn't know. They have my vote!

• Agree
Reactions: MikeysZ06
I bought mine at Shaganappi and have done everything through them. always had great and friendly service. Last time I was allowed to stand in the adjoining bay to watch the service tech do my oil change. Taught me a lot about the car I didn't know. They have my vote!
Garrett and Lyndon are the 2 guys I’ve dealt with at the service desk. And like you,I’ve been invited into the back during service.

Best deal for me there though was summer of 2017. Both my oil changes that summer were shuffled to the front of the line. I was outta there both times before 2 people who were ahead of me in line. One customer,a truck owner picked up on it and gave a me a little grief as I was getting ready to leave the lot.

That is pricey - wow!
Western Corvette used Mobil 1 and it was just around/over $100.00.

My car takes 10 litres. A great price on Mobil one would be $10 per. Filter $15.That’s $115 without labor. If they could do mine for $100, then that’s where I will go next time. Maybe the difference is mine is a dry sump and takes a couple of extra litres. FYI Shaganappi didn’t charge the prices I suggested...lol.

My car takes 10 litres. A great price on Mobil one would be $10 per. Filter $15.That’s $115 without labor. If they could do mine for $100, then that’s where I will go next time. Maybe the difference is mine is a dry sump and takes a couple of extra litres. FYI Shaganappi didn’t charge the prices I suggested...lol.

Cariboocreek: That’s the difference! Mine doesn’t take that much and is the old fashioned wet sump system. Seeing as guys are going there and like them then likely a good place to go! Seems to me I priced them out last year and they were similar price to Western but I was afraid to go to a stealership and have a 17 year old change my oil haha.

This past Sept 26th a 2016 Dry Sump Mobil 1 renew at Calgary's Carter was $242.12 all in.
I will find out what the price is in a month now that Spring has Sprung ...
maybe I can get a 2 Dry Sump Corvette bulk price in the Fall ... YYSSW ...
our 2017 has one more "included" and then good bye $500 (for 2) until I learn.

(I'm gonna ask to help/watch a friend doing his one day ... and learn quick)

Last edited:
I live in Cochrane and we are getting a new Chevy dealership. It’s owned by Shaganappi so will do some research there too after it opens. Guess I’ll go back to Western Corvette this spring unless someone has something better? Actually might try Shaganappi as guys seem to like it there too! :)

I take all my daily drivers to Mobil 1 Lube service here in Red Deer and also took my C6 there. Discussed his shop, people, care and attention, amongst other things, and totally trusted them, and will again this year on my C7. But that's not reflective of every Lube shop. Ya gotta look around. By the way, $100.00 was the going rate in 2015 there for Mobil 1 syn, filter and lube. (wet sump).

Rruuff time to change your oil since 2015 is in the past ha-ha

local dealer is 13 bucks if u bring your own oil. filter is 16>59 as opposed to the 15.08 in the city but crappy tire Mobil is on sale for 60 bucks for 8.8 litres

that oil is less than 4.7 in the new jugs but is new and sealed

13 for the win in 3 weeks. Jeff

Reactions: ddgermann
Rruuff time to change your oil since 2015 is in the past ha-ha

local dealer is 13 bucks if u bring your own oil. filter is 16>59 as opposed to the 15.08 in the city but crappy tire Mobil is on sale for 60 bucks for 8.8 litres

that oil is less than 4.7 in the new jugs but is new and sealed

13 for the win in 3 weeks. Jeff
Damn.... You're right again Jeff... 2015 IS in the past.... I knew I slept in too long....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.