CLVTCH

Casual User
BANNED
You're 5
Jun 19, 2015
VetteCoins
Car
02 Black Z06
Hey 306 members, I just drove my new to me C5 Z06 home from Calgary on Sunday. See my novel in the C5 discussion thread for a great story on my adventure and all the favours I had to call in!

Now I need to get the car safetied in SK, does anyone know of a reputable shop in Saskatoon and area that could safety my car without being ridiculous, and especially without scratching or damaging my new baby??

Thanks!!

I had Sherwood Chev perform my Provincial Inspection. No disrespect to a fellow member who works there but I didn't have a great experience. However, maybe if you get him to watch over the inspection it would be alright?
No damage to my car but in addition to the inspection, I got charged for a wheel alignment that wasn't needed, $55 for windshield wiper nozzles and they added an %11 charge to the entire bill for "shop supplies".

Last edited:
Got the car inspected at Adesa Auto Care. I guess they aren't open to the public but I had a car dealer friend of mine put me in under his name. The only thing they had to do was remove the side window tint. Which I know is illegal in SK, but it made the car look so stealthy, and it was nice and cool on the interior. Bummer! Oh well, everything else checked out 100% so that was nice. Thanks for the input Riley!

Riley get used to the shop supplies charge. Everyone does it now even our shop for industrial equipment. I this it is such a money grab.

Congrats on the car. Glad it passed the safety with flying colors. I was scared to think about having to get my car a safety when I was considering moving to Alberta.

T

So, You're ready for Thursday then? :D

As for the shop supply charges, I don't want to get used to it! :D
Agreed that they are purely a money grab in most cases. Each job will routinely use a certain amount of materials specific to that job and my thought is that this should be built into the cost/quote of the job, not just taxed onto everyone as an add on, outside of the quote, whether or not the work actually used shop supplies or not.
Next restaurants will be charging for cutlery and dish supplies, builders will charge for nail and equipment supplies for your house, and lawyers will add office supplies when submitting their bills! :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread