I hope Calgary's Auto Show has at least 2 each of the trucks, Camaro & Corvette.
Last year was pathetic with only 1 muscle-car and 1 performance sports-car among
a multitude of the 3 same-looking SUV in the 3 sizes from the 3 GM brands
(although it did help us while in the market for a Chevy Trax).
I'm anticipating (and fearing) that they will be displaying base-price units
because of Alberta's lost Economy. Edmonton, however, may get that over-priced
matrix-grey ZR1 that's at Sherwood Park at their Auto Show because there is very
little possibility of selling it at $193k (for a low $160's msrp car)
... questionable integrity in my opinion :Rage:
crooks.jpg

Last edited:
I hope Calgary's Auto Show has at least 2 each of the trucks, Camaro & Corvette.
Last year was pathetic with only 1 muscle-car and 1 performance sports-car among
a multitude of the 3 same-looking SUV in the 3 sizes from the 3 GM brands
(although it did help us while in the market for a Chevy Trax).
I'm anticipating (and fearing) that they will be displaying base-price units
because of Alberta's lost Economy. Edmonton, however, may get that over-priced
matrix-grey ZR1 that's at Sherwood Park at their Auto Show because there is very
little possibility of selling it at $193k (for a low $160's msrp car)
... questionable integrity in my opinion :Rage:
View attachment 22074

That car is still for sale!!?!?!!!!??!!!

I offered to pay them cash for it months ago when it first came in and they laughed at me when I refused to pay the premium over MSRP.
The salesman said I should know the score after buying 3 cars there last year.

He won’t have to worry about educating me on car buying ever again.
I won’t be back...ever 😀

I offered to pay them cash for it months ago when it first came in and they laughed at me when I refused to pay the premium over MSRP.

I won’t be back...ever 😀
What an arrogant prick eh? A good customer like you and they treat you like that - wow!!!!

It Is frustrating to know that happened to you @ddgermann with the only fortune
being that the car is likely not exactly what you would first choose - however could accept ...
and can move on from ... as predicted ... it remains to sit on their salesroom floor.

SherPrk snubbed me away too in 2016 without even an offer on the table ...
As they did not have the price on a '16 LBR 2LT Corvette on the lot and was asked "Are you interested?"
I replied "Well I drove 300km and I'm actually unsure as I don't know what my price
will be for this one when comparing it to 4 others I found like it ... "
First words answered back "Well, you know, we are not in any panic to sell these,
but can I have your name?" ... I said, "well, may I first please have a word with a Sales Manager?"
... and reply was "Oh, he's Out to Lunch at the moment" ... Enuf said Heh ... I still don't know the price.
But I do own a '16 LBR 3LT Corvette that I bought by just driving 15km more.
Remembering this one day that ended up well - being happy and yet unsure optioning away
from my next best choice in Red Deer - however @Rick9456 grabbed 10 months later ...
and just like today ...Corvettes were not easily selling in Alberta from June 2016 thru to Spring 2017

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann

I won’t be back...ever 😀

You need to stop by Sherwood and ask them how much interest they've paid on the financing to have that Vette on their lot for the last three months, and then offer them that much less than your previous offer. I swear, sometimes I wonder what kind of drugs these guys are on that price the cars over MSRP???? Or, that price units that are a year old at the same price as a new MY car...... I think the response to, "You know we aren't in a big hurry to sell these cars" should be, "Yeah, well that's good, because it's a toy, not an essential means of transportation, so people really aren't in a big hurry to buy them, and guess what? You're not the only one selling them either........."

You need to stop by Sherwood and ask them how much interest they've paid on the financing to have that Vette on their lot for the last three months, and then offer them that much less than your previous offer. I swear, sometimes I wonder what kind of drugs these guys are on that price the cars over MSRP???? Or, that price units that are a year old at the same price as a new MY car...... I think the response to, "You know we aren't in a big hurry to sell these cars" should be, "Yeah, well that's good, because it's a toy, not an essential means of transportation, so people really aren't in a big hurry to buy them, and guess what? You're not the only one selling them either........."

I offered full MSRP with no haggling. Literally said “I’ll buy it today.”
The price on the add above is actually almost 8k more than they offered it to me for so I guess I was getting a deal after all. 😂
It’s too bad that didn’t work out as Michelle was not thrilled with the colour but told me to get it if I wanted. She was happy after that I showed a bit of self control and didn’t pay the premium...so I got some points there. If the car was black it would have been difficult to just walk away as it’s has everything else I want; but as Spence mentioned it was not my 2nd or even 3rd choice for color.
Kind of sad to drop this dealership as I really liked the service and parts guys. That part of the place has been really great actually. But... the relationship most often starts on the sales floor doesn’t it. I wouldn’t hesitate to use the service or parts depts there if you are looking for a good factory service place.
For me.... I’m starting over somewhere else. I’m actually all set up again with the help of Spence. He’s the godfather of Alberta Corvette dealerships. He’s put in the time and done the research. 👍
Who knows... maybe I actually go an entire year and not buy a vehicle of any kind. We replaced everything but the Hummer last year. 😂

Reactions: flyboy999
Well it sounds like it worked out in the end. Honestly, when you are spending that kind of money, IMHO the car has to be perfect....exactly what you want....no sacrafices....no regrets. Depending on what happens with the C8 I might go without a car purchase in 2019....that wouldn't be such a bad thing 😂😉

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Been a GM advocate for almost 40 years and for about 11 years now, I have separated
my preferred dealerships that purchase at from those where I prefer to obtain service.
I have Dealerships that I can tolerate and those that I love to only kick tires at.
No bridges burned.
Mainly because my preferred places to purchase are farther away from YYC.
One Dealership that gets a thumbs-up for both sales & service … does not
sell/service Cadillac or Corvette and who's Owner I have the pleasure of getting to know, ironically
owns/drives both. I realize Dealerships are not going to be perfect … I therefore look for excellence.
I have yet to check out two Dealerships in Red Deer beyond a visit to one during my 2016 Corvette hunt
and more recently to the other to pickup an online GM accessory item. In a nut shell, I have been
happiest by becoming known at many dealerships … especially as my servicing/maintenance visits
outnumber my purchasing visits. I avoid discussing anything to do with service/maintenance
while I am dialed into my purchasing mode.
I hope to be able to kick a few tires with Derek soon … and get an opportunity for a few introductions
with Managers, Sales, Finance, Parts and Service … then continue checking out a bunch of on-the-lot toys. :joyful:

Last edited:
I would like think that the Sales and/or General Manager would have treated you better Derek. I have little respect for few car salesmen and no respect for the rest but would have thought that someone with some interest in the company may have handled that differently. As noted...Their loss. :thumbs:

Actually I expected to be called in for a sit down with the sales manager at least. On the deal for my Daughters car he hid in his office and sent his minions back and forth with counter offers. I finally walked away and never quite made it to my car before the sales person ran out and said ok ok.
The Corvette I paid MSRP as it was a specific car they located. The Cadillac I didn’t haggle much as the price was reasonable and I got decent dollars for the H3 on trade.
But ya... arrogance doesn’t fly with me.
You would think they would be smart enough to realize the little mind games won’t work on someone who’s not trying to finance and has no anxiety about getting the deal done from that perspective. I’ve been there in the past and felt the pressure and knew I was at a disadvantage because of needing heavy financing. It sucks if you don’t know what you are doing... which back then I sure didn’t.
Now... I just want to be dealt with efficiently and buy the damn car for a reasonable price and drive away.
Ya... I’m still a bit steamed. Pardon the rant guys. 😀

Actually I expected to be called in for a sit down with the sales manager at least. On the deal for my Daughters car he hid in his office and sent his minions back and forth with counter offers. I finally walked away and never quite made it to my car before the sales person ran out and said ok ok.
The Corvette I paid MSRP as it was a specific car they located. The Cadillac I didn’t haggle much as the price was reasonable and I got decent dollars for the H3 on trade.
But ya... arrogance doesn’t fly with me.
You would think they would be smart enough to realize the little mind games won’t work on someone who’s not trying to finance and has no anxiety about getting the deal done from that perspective. I’ve been there in the past and felt the pressure and knew I was at a disadvantage because of needing heavy financing. It sucks if you don’t know what you are doing... which back then I sure didn’t.
Now... I just want to be dealt with efficiently and buy the damn car for a reasonable price and drive away.
Ya... I’m still a bit steamed. Pardon the rant guys. 😀
I agree. I basically know what I'm willing to pay for a car and how much my trade should be worth. I have a clear number of what "the difference" between the two should be. If we can't get close on that I just walk.

Sherwood Park will never see one red cent from me. Horrible place to deal with. I do know the service manager and agree that service is OK. Gotten to know the sales manager at Northgate and she has treated me very well. Service department needs some major improving.....IMO
Northgate all the way! Ask for Pete, great guy. He will set you up with their Corvette guy. I've been in the business for 30 years and these stories make me sick!

Sadly their “corvette guy” was the same guy who snubbed me at Sherwood Park chev. This year when I was shopping I did talk to him and honestly I knew more than he did about the options, ordering, etc. I just deal directly with Karen, the sales manager. Gives me the preferred pricing and I don’t have to play the game.

Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
Sadly their “corvette guy” was the same guy who snubbed me at Sherwood Park chev. This year when I was shopping I did talk to him and honestly I knew more than he did about the options, ordering, etc. I just deal directly with Karen, the sales manager. Gives me the preferred pricing and I don’t have to play the game.
Hopefully he has improved since going to Northgate but glad you have a good contact there now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread