You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
I haven't really heard a stock C7 under hard acceleration in track mode. Is it super loud? I want loud but also want to keep NPP working. Suggestions?

I haven't really heard a stock C7 under hard acceleration in track mode. Is it super loud? I want loud but also want to keep NPP working. Suggestions?

Plenty loud for me Dan. But some of the aftermarket stuff does indeed sound better IMHO.
I would give it a month or so next spring and see what you think. @Rick9456 has a nice setup on his Super-Ray and it sounds real good.

Plenty loud for me Dan. But some of the aftermarket stuff does indeed sound better IMHO.
I would give it a month or so next spring and see what you think. @Rick9456 has a nice setup on his Super-Ray and it sounds real good.
Good idea. Will drive it and see. I'm thinking with stock hp it will be much quieter than that supercharged beast I had in my 14 with no cats. (which also bit me in the ass when I sold it)

Reactions: ddgermann
Don't the baffles only close when cruising at the same speed to get rid of droning?

In the Track setting yes they do close at certain times but seem to be open whenever I want to hear the car. They are closed much more in Sport mode it seems. It's actually unfortunate they don't have the "always open" setting as opposed to the "Stealth" setting that the cars do have.
I haven't experienced any drone with the factory exhaust but that's a good question. Maybe someone else has.

Have now heard my car in track mode, pretty tame for my taste. Revved it a little, still quiet. Will have to look at aftermarket options.

Have now heard my car in track mode, pretty tame for my taste. Revved it a little, still quiet. Will have to look at aftermarket options.

Dan you won’t really hear the car until it’s under a load and using the power. However the C7s do sound great with some exhaust mods if you want a louder note. 👍

PS: The new ride looked great tucked in and nicely strapped down in the trailer. Have a safe journey home.

Reactions: Dantanman
Had an SLP cat-back exhaust on my 98 Grand Prix rocket ship and loved the sound except when cruising in the car. Both wife and I love the sound outside the car but not when resonating within as it really got to be too much after the initial WoW ... we might stand alone on that by saying we smile the most hearing the stock corvette tone of every generation as one pulls up and drives away ... whether driving or navigating, when we are inside one, it no longer has much to do with exhaust tone.

Last edited:
Had electric exhaust dumps on most of my hotrods but i don't think they are suitable for a new corvette. I see they are available though.

NPP equiped cars have the vlaves near the mufflers bu all cars also has the AFM valves. I believe the AFM has been removed from newer C7's. The AFM valves are controlled by the ECU and must be programmed to delete them from functioning. The NPP valves which are at the mufflers can be kept open by removing fuse #43 and I think it is #42 in earlier cars.

The AFM is to control drone when the car goes into 4 cylinder mode. The NPP are for sound and passage of more exhaust and they are the valves that the mode selector controls. When the throttle is wide open the NPP open as do the AFM. When the car is in stealth mode the NPP close.

I have a 2015 Z51 M7. The AFM valves have been deactivated (actuators removed) and the NPP fused pulled, Borla catless x-pipe, ARH mid length headers with high flow cats, B & B Bullet exhaust, Halltech CAI and tuned. Car is fairly loud, but not inside and only when the throttle is opened up. Slight drone around 1600 RPM but it dies down as the RPM's increase.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.