Sep 10, 2020
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
69 C3, 21 C8
Good Afternoon Folks,

Can you please provide your opinions on who you would consider the best dealership to do business with in Alberta or Saskatchewan? I'd like to purchase a new C8 in the next year or so and I figured I'd check with you guys first as I recently transferred to the Province and don't know who's who in this area of the Country. I appreciate the help! Thanks in advance,
Mike

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Good Afternoon Folks,

Can you please provide your opinions on who you would consider the best dealership to do business with in Alberta or Saskatchewan? I'd like to purchase a new C8 in the next year or so and I figured I'd check with you guys first as I recently transferred to the Province and don't know who's who in this area of the Country. I appreciate the help! Thanks in advance,
Mike
Hey mike

I live in BC Lower mainland but I have been dealing with Tomas at Lakewood Chevrolet in Edmonton. I contacted every dealership from here to Manitoba last year and Tomas and his staff have been unbelievable and a pleasure to deal with. I look forward to making the trip in the next few weeks to pick up my C8.

Good luck your search

Reactions: C8 Fan
For Edmonton GM dealerships and C8’s, Lakewood doesn’t get many allocations (less than 5?) whereas the dealerships known to get more (over 20 each?) and typically service more Corvettes are Don Wheaton, Northgate and Westgate although I’m less certain about Westgate and will ask others chime in about that dealership. Sherwood Park Chevrolet (located on the Eastern outskirts of Edmonton) gets quite a few Corvettes but after advertising several new 2020 C8’s for WELL over list last year, they were heavily criticized on these Forums.

I initially dealt with Lakewood when first hunting for a 2020, since it was the dealership closest to my home. By the time I realized they got so few allocations, I missed my chance to get anywhere good on the lists with Don Wheaton or Northgate. So I called around and even started calling the larger dealers in Ontario after figuring out a key factor was the number of allocations (unless you were #1 or 2 at a smaller dealership). I managed to find Capital Chev in Calgary and they support their local Corvette Club and get a fair number of allocations (by Alberta’s standards: between 20 and 30) and I was told there was a good chance I’d snag one. With the unexpected COVID cutbacks I was lucky to get a 2020 but others dropping off the list due to the poor Calgary economy definitely helped. Finally, I’m told that Wheaton Chev in Red Deer isn’t taking customer orders for 2021’s, preferring to retain all the allocations they get and sell them for over MSRP.

Hope this helps in your C8 quest and welcome to Alberta!

Reactions: Jeffer2013
Good Afternoon Folks,

Mike
Lets be realistic here. All Chevy dealerships are great. It’s a matter of finding the right Sales Representative in the dealership. If you’re comfortable make a deal. It’s all in your instincts. Good luck and be careful out there!!!
👍🥂😷 Cheers

Lets be realistic here. All Chevy dealerships are great. It’s a matter of finding the right Sales Representative in the dealership. If you’re comfortable make a deal. It’s all in your instincts. Good luck and be careful out there!!!
👍🥂😷 Cheers

When it comes to getting a C8 these days, it's not only the salesman that counts. It's the number of allocations each dealership gets, where you are on their list compared to that number and whether the dealership raises you up on the list when others ahead of you drop out. Some dealerships don't move people up on their list but rather take the spot for themselves, order a C8 and then sell it for a tidy profit, much to the chagrin of those on the dealership list still waiting for an allocation. Some dealerships charge over MSRP or add on "standard" extra fees which have caught some Forum members by surprise. Some dealerships charge $5,000 for a deposit and others less. Some dealerships have technicians that are better trained for Corvettes in general and C8's in particular.

Some dealerships have better reputations for being fair with their customers and providing good and timely warranty service in their shop. The service aspect isn't as critical since you can get warranty work done at any GM dealership, however I find it can be helpful in little but sometimes important ways when your warranty work is being done at the same place you purchased your vehicle.

Everyone needs to ask the right questions of a dealership to get the answers to these questions then decide if they want to place their faith and deposit with that dealership, for a C8...or go "down the street" or even to another City to a different dealership, if they get better answers from someone else. And once you settle on a dealership, make sure to get all the important information IN WRITING to have as a future reference, since salespeople change as do sales managers or policies within a dealership can change 6+ months down the road.

I find these things often go from the top down: if the owner of the dealership is fair and honest and values his/her reputation in the business community and with customers, that attitude gets carried on down the chain to the dealership manager, sales manager, sales staff, service manager, etc. So yes, it's nice to have a good feeling about your salesperson (and hopefully find one who has sold several C8's in the past) but it's also knowing the right questions to ask, making enquiries with others on this Forum (like the OP), and checking for reviews on the Web. That due diligence at the start should save you a ton of grief later and not only give you a better chance of getting a C8 but also prevent future misunderstandings when the C8 is on its way and you're doing up the final sales paperwork. My 2 cents. And good luck to all in the hunt for a C8; you won't be disappointed when you're sitting in its driver seat!

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
When it comes to getting a C8 these days, it's not only the salesman that counts. It's the number of allocations each dealership gets, where you are on their list compared to that number and whether the dealership raises you up on the list when others ahead of you drop out. Some dealerships don't move people up on their list but rather take the spot for themselves, order a C8 and then sell it for a tidy profit, much to the chagrin of those on the dealership list still waiting for an allocation. Some dealerships charge over MSRP or add on "standard" extra fees which have caught some Forum members by surprise. Some dealerships charge $5,000 for a deposit and others less. Some dealerships have technicians that are better trained for Corvettes in general and C8's in particular.

Some dealerships have better reputations for being fair with their customers and providing good and timely warranty service in their shop. The service aspect isn't as critical since you can get warranty work done at any GM dealership, however I find it can be helpful in little but sometimes important ways when your warranty work is being done at the same place you purchased your vehicle.

Everyone needs to ask the right questions of a dealership to get the answers to these questions then decide if they want to place their faith and deposit with that dealership, for a C8...or go "down the street" or even to another City to a different dealership, if they get better answers from someone else. And once you settle on a dealership, make sure to get all the important information IN WRITING to have as a future reference, since salespeople change as do sales managers or policies within a dealership can change 6+ months down the road.

I find these things often go from the top down: if the owner of the dealership is fair and honest and values his/her reputation in the business community and with customers, that attitude gets carried on down the chain to the dealership manager, sales manager, sales staff, service manager, etc. So yes, it's nice to have a good feeling about your salesperson (and hopefully find one who has sold several C8's in the past) but it's also knowing the right questions to ask, making enquiries with others on this Forum (like the OP), and checking for reviews on the Web. That due diligence at the start should save you a ton of grief later and not only give you a better chance of getting a C8 but also prevent future misunderstandings when the C8 is on its way and you're doing up the final sales paperwork. My 2 cents. And good luck to all in the hunt for a C8; you won't be disappointed when you're sitting in its driver seat!
👍🥂😷

Hey mike

I live in BC Lower mainland but I have been dealing with Tomas at Lakewood Chevrolet in Edmonton. I contacted every dealership from here to Manitoba last year and Tomas and his staff have been unbelievable and a pleasure to deal with. I look forward to making the trip in the next few weeks to pick up my C8.

Good luck your search
When 🤔 did you initially order your car 🚗 with Lakewood?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.