Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
I've had problems with compressors lately. My 26 gallon tank got a hole in the bottom. Rusted from the inside. My bad, I know.
So I went to C.T. and bought this POS. https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maximum-15-gallon-quiet-compressor-0589858p.html
First one was damaged and wouldn't start and blew the breaker all the time. Took it back and got another. This one won't start when it's cold out. So I'll take it back. Meanwhile I plugged my old tank and now the hose has a pinhole leak! Grrr.
Anyway, to make a long story longer, I need a new hose. What is the best hose that is flexible in the winter? Rubber, PVS or Hybrid?
Any suggestions on a 15 gallon compressor?

Lee Valley Tools sell a number of good quality air hoses. I bought one from the, would have to check the name on it but it is bright green. It does not tangle and works well in the cold. Typically Lee Valley is a little more expensive than some outlets but their products are of the highest quality.

Sorry about your compressor issues.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Lee Valley Tools sell a number of good quality air hoses. I bought one from the, would have to check the name on it but it is bright green. It does not tangle and works well in the cold. Typically Lee Valley is a little more expensive than some outlets but their products are of the highest quality.

Sorry about your compressor issues.
Ya, this one. https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/sho...s/69369-flexzilla-pneumatic-hose?item=99W8650
Do you have to buy the ends? Looks like they are threaded.

Murray, as I recall there were protective plastic caps on the threaded ends, I just took the ends off my old hose (when I finally managed to find the ends :Biggrin: ) and put them on. That is the same hose that I got.

Murray to :thumbs:

If you buy new connectors, be aware of the style you have as there are three different styles and two of them look pretty similar but are not interchangeable. Learned that lesson the hard way. 'M' style only from now on....

1613149224822.png

I paid about $750 Canadian for a large proper Ingersol Rand shop compressor and had Parker Push-lok air lines made at my local hydraulic shop (Gates has an equivalent hose as well). They can take a beating you can drive over them as much as you want, the fitting have no hose clamps to catch on anything and the hose stays flexible to well below freezing. You'll pay a bit more but have hoses that last forever.

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
I bought the flexzilla. I received it yesterday. It does not like coiling up, but it sure does stay flexible.
I took back this POS to C.T. and they gave me a store credit. It was my second one. The first one didn't start half the time.
The replacement wouldn't start and it broke when I moved it. White metal!! Anyway, they had a 10 gallon for about half price ($230 from $440) so I bought it. I knew it would fit in my trunk. lol

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread