Anyone tried the Burger Priest yet?? Still looking for a place that makes a better burger than me. This way I don't have to do it any longer.:rolleyes:

Bill

I live not far from one in TO, it's pretty good and probably the best I've had outside of a chichi restaurant but again not sure how high you've set the bar on this Bill :) Send me a burger and I'll tell you.

never tried the Burger Priest.... Fat Burger in Red Deer is pretty much like the name says.... fat and tasty... don't do the take out and try to eat it in your car though.... Peters drive-in here is pretty good too..... but my recent escapade in Australia turned up the best burger so far..... happened upon these purely by chance.... I ordered a hamburger... that's it.... I eat pretty much anything that is food so when she didn't ask what i wanted on it, I didn't bother to offer anything..... Restaurant food in Australia was pricey anyway so the $ 20.00 tag on the menu didn't surprise me.... All i can say is wow.... never had a burger like it before.... the sliced beet on it was also a first and will definitely become the hit of my home BBQ excursions because it was great.... Every burger I had was slightly different but they were all extremely huge,good, and expensive.... and unlike Canada, they don't have any problem cooking burger to my medium rare request.... lol.... Try the beets on your next homemade... also the fried egg....

The-Great-Aussie-Burger.jpg

never tried the Burger Priest.... Fat Burger in Red Deer is pretty much like the name says.... fat and tasty... don't do the take out and try to eat it in your car though.... Peters drive-in here is pretty good too..... but my recent escapade in Australia turned up the best burger so far..... happened upon these purely by chance.... I ordered a hamburger... that's it.... I eat pretty much anything that is food so when she didn't ask what i wanted on it, I didn't bother to offer anything..... Restaurant food in Australia was pricey anyway so the $ 20.00 tag on the menu didn't surprise me.... All i can say is wow.... never had a burger like it before.... the sliced beet on it was also a first and will definitely become the hit of my home BBQ excursions because it was great.... Every burger I had was slightly different but they were all extremely huge,good, and expensive.... and unlike Canada, they don't have any problem cooking burger to my medium rare request.... lol.... Try the beets on your next homemade... also the fried egg....

The-Great-Aussie-Burger.jpg

Wow!! Do they provide a ladder or a step stool for your mouth.:WillyNilly:

Reactions: Cruzin
Ahhhh.... tyho ...you noticed that..... they are a bit of a challenge.... but a good squeeze allows you (well, me anyway) to get my mouth around most of it....lol....
:fooood:

Nothing like a good burger. When ever I make mine I change things up a bit everytime. Wife and kid, friends and family seem to go crazy over them. I think it's all the little things you can do to bring the final taste to the top.

I cook mine all the way through but add the right things to the meat to keep it soft and moist. Toasted bun is always a must!!

Bill

ps. it's friggen snowing again!:Wtf:

Sounding like a burger pro there Bill... good for you.... it is an art....
ouch.... you getting snow again?.... that's nasty... it got down to -7 here last night but sunshine again today.... we take a long odds chance here of getting snow until May long... usually safe after that.... I'm hoping no more snow this year starting now.....

Eric thanks for jogging the memory. We had burgers in Australia ordered with the "lot". Beets, egg, bacon, cheese and I cannot recall what else. HUGE it was.

I like Five Guys.
hehe.... glad to have brought back some good Aussie food memories for you Murray.... Maybe we can start a new craze here....:D

Hahaha.

If anyone is in Saskatoon, we have a couple good burger places. The best burger I've ever had was at Congress Beer House and a close second is Stacked, which is a dedicated burger place.
However, my all time favourite, mostly out of nostalgia is Fuddruckers.

Bill, you'll have to send my your burger recipie. I'm always on the hunt for making a good burger.

try the Plaza Cafe on Clark Rd. in Coquitlam…burgers are great and the toasted subs out of this world…AND, they make fries the old fashion way…fresh not frozen and cooked twice...

I will have to stop in there one day. Thanks for the heads up on the place.

I have not been there in a long time but another great place for subs is Paul's Subs out in Burnaby out behind Metrotown. Their steak and cappicollo subs were pretty damn good.

When there used to be a Fresgo Inn in the West End i would stop in and grab myself a Beef and pepperoni sub. Man those were good!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.