Just picked up my C8 this week, so far I really enjoy driving in manual mode, but I have not found the right auto mode for inspired driving, they seem to be very relaxed and don’t downshift much for corners. What am I doing wrong?
Not using your right foot enough. I have it in myMode with just the exhaust open (non Z51) and have no problems breaking things loose around corners.

I haven't used auto yet, can't help you...
Every time I use manual mode I forget to shift. Keep hitting the rev limiter. My right hand is used to sitting on the shifter as a reminder.
Don't you find manual mode a little uninspiring? It always downshifts for you, but never upshifts. To me in a stick car, the lugging would wake me up to shift up. The lack of that in the C8 irritates me.

Reactions: drgmny
Not using your right foot enough. I have it in myMode with just the exhaust open (non Z51) and have no problems breaking things loose around corners.
Thank you all for your suggestions, just to put a finer point on it. I love the manual control, this is my first 2 pedal car and I am very satisfied with the manual control.
What I am looking for is an aggressive setting for hard driving in automatic mode. but as you stated I may not be driving aggressively enough yet to feel that action... only 165km to date.

Every time I use manual mode I forget to shift. Keep hitting the rev limiter. My right hand is used to sitting on the shifter as a reminder.
Don't you find manual mode a little uninspiring? It always downshifts for you, but never upshifts. To me in a stick car, the lugging would wake me up to shift up. The lack of that in the C8 irritates me.
The only time I've experienced auto downshifting while in manual mode is from 2nd to 1st and I'm ok with that because you're going so slow and when you do it manually it always learches the car. If it's auto downshifting for you in other gears then you're waiting too long to downshift. Again, I haven't experienced that, only 2nd to 1st.

If it's auto downshifting for you in other gears then you're waiting too long to downshift.
It's MY car now. NOT GM's! ;)
It should be up to me and then it might teach me a lesson. We learn fast when the car stalls on you. lol

Reactions: moepig777
Hey Murray, I seem to recall either an article or Tadge video about the automatic "learning" shift point tendencies...
You mean if I talk to it nicely it will change its ways? ;)
Ya, now that you mention it, I seem to remember that also which is why I wasn't too nice to the car during break-in

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.