BANNED
Ontario You're a Regular
Jul 24, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2012 f 150
Province
ON
My hypothesis for the production of the new mid-engine Corvette, and why it took GM so long into final production stages is still a mystery for most if not all Corvette and even non-Corvette enthusiasts. The global economical auto industry is in a downward free fall towards the ever imposing electric vehicle. As the world in on the brink of a new.... well not so new evolution of electric power that first appeared in the early 1900s is in the process of stopping the very heartbeat of the internal combustion engine.
GM in my premise playing a very dangerous but, intriguing and a well thought out tactical strategy towards claiming a secure foothold in the forthcoming market share and the race towards capturing the public interest towards GM as a powerhouse of affordable electric vehicles. Tesla the name one associates with the electric vehicle have sold in total 367,500 units compared to GMs of 60,000. Tesla's market cap of a staggering 144Billion Dollars versus GM 's 45Billion Dollars: As GM is still recovering from its bankruptcy protection, although the Corporation stated that they have paid back all the bailout money to the Government they have not fully recovered from losing their strong foothold once being the largest auto manufacturer in the world. The question is how can GM recover their dominance and increase their market cap to equal and surpass Tesler: It is, of course, the new C8 mid-engine Corvette. For argument's sake, let's assume that Gm.s profitability is $20,000 per C8 sold!if the information is correct and they can produce all 40,000 units in the current year their take-home pay will be in or around $800, million. But, why have GM invested time and resources to birth a long overdue mid-engine Corvette that the American auto gearheads have cried out for over 50 years and the internal combustion engine is on life support? The timing was not right! and if GM did produce the anticipated mid-engine decades earlier it would have carried a much higher price tag that for most would be out of financial reach. I was and I am sure that many more were puzzled and shocked when announced their suggested purchase price of $59,995 for the base C8 a mouth dropping gasping yet exhilarating almost heart-stopping amazement; for the Corvette enthusiasts and the general public were anticipating a price tag of $100,000
And this my dear readers is the brilliance of a well thought out a global plan that the executives of the corporation patiently have executed. This price tag of less than $60,000 was by no means a mistake but, strategically well thought out. The C8 is by far a heart-stopping sports car that can compete for globally with any other mid-engine supercar; the 3LT and the Z51 performance package with a quality interior design is by far an outstanding harmony of mouth-watering wellness. Well done GM!
But, wait there is still more to come!
The premise is shifting towards the all-powerful electric vehicle one may ask why is GM so hyped up over this petrol-powered C8 Corvette: its timing once again and building up market interest and rebuilding their corporate cash flow that the C8s global sales and home sales will fuel the ever thirsting developments of bringing an affordable quality electric vehicle to market. The not so well publicised electric corvette built by Genovation named GXE Grand Sport with a range of 807 miles under normal driving, but, who drives a corvette normally? is available for a staggering $750,000 plus a doner corvette. This is where the future corvette lies, and I am sure that the top brass of GM already has their engineers drafting an all-out electric corvette for the very near future.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.