Featured Thread

Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
Been MIA due to many things including major life changes (thankfully most positive). Been loving our C8 while being gone from this wonderful forum. I was asked to post a thread with my review of our C8 so here goes. This review comes from our last Corvette being a C7 Z06 — so allow me please to start from that perspective. That was a spectacular, adrenaline-rush car. But living in the Pacific Northwest with lots of medium temperature days, and more than a few wet ones, I felt that day in and day out that the car had a functional 550 HP, 550 TQ, and as you know on bad weather days, it was one continuous throttle-modulation drive with about 450 functional HP &U TQ. However, when we went to the southwest, including Spring Mountain, during hot days, the Z hooked so much better. Again one thrill ride. It was not just a heart pumping beast, but we drove in it to 28 states so it was a fun cross country, including cross-Canada, adventurer.

In comparison our C8 Stingray appears so much tamer. Yet 0-to-60 using GM’s times as our Z06 was a manual, the C8 gets there faster, smoother, more comfortably and with better just about everything IMO. Not saying that for a singular day’s drive in good weather that the Z06 is not as much fun — for it is. But day in and day out, we are loving our C8 more. Whether we are talking about its interior, its appeal to young generations (needed for there to be a C9 and a C10), its enhanced functional and safety systems, it combination of composure and accomplishing capabilities, the C8 is amazing. It is awe-inspiring to us.

And yet to be candid, as much as we love our C8, we are eagerly awaiting the C8 Z06. That will be our ultimate compilation of them both. As the probably last naturally aspired, non partially or fully electric Corvette, it is one we are buying and keeping. And along the way, we are loving our C8 beauty below. We had hoped to bring it to last August’s Squamish Corvette show after traversing several of your gorgeous provinces on the way, but we all know how 2020 ruined so much. But we will be back when we can.

Thanks for the invite to write this thread.

276E842A-4A71-41AD-9076-6ACF69ABC90E.jpeg
30FD2E41-90E7-4510-B65A-4551393A0603.jpeg
ACB8827E-DE9D-46FE-885E-0EE0468CE698.jpeg
CAAC7548-48A6-49E0-96F8-AC126C18F20C.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.