Featured Thread
Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
So, yesterday my wife and I went for a short cruise out to Elk Island Park to redeem some National Park Pass vouchers, just for something to do, more than anything. It was a bit of a rainy day, but I wanted to take the Vette out anyway. We got there and once inside, drove from the South gate to the other side, turned around and came back to where we came in. There is a small road called "Bison Loop", I think, that the park gate lady said would be a good spot to see Bison today, so we decided to pull in and take the very short drive through (typically about 5 minutes to complete the loop). Well, we got in there and the road was a little more bumpy, wash board-y and pot hole-y than I would have liked, but what can you do...I'm committed now. It had also been raining, so the road was also a bit muddy, as this is not a paved road. Anyway, we get about half way through the loop and came across some
DSC00424.JPG
DSC00425.JPG
DSC00426.JPG
DSC00427.JPG
vehicles that had stopped, as there were several Bison on the side of the road, with some of the more rude ones standing in the middle of the road, blocking traffic. So, what would normally be a quick 5 minute drive through the loop took about 30 minutes. There was a bit of stress associated with this wee jaunt, as the road conditions were not great and the Bison got very close to the car...I was hoping they didn't mind the sound of it getting so close to them (you just never know what they are going to do).
The car was a quite dirty after this event, but I'm happy to report that it is all back to pristine condition after a good bubble bath last night. :)
Anyway, we got through it and I was able to get a few pictures of the event, even with a couple of car pictures from the main road before we got into the loop.

So, yesterday my wife and I went for a short cruise out to Elk Island Park to redeem some National Park Pass vouchers, just for something to do, more than anything. It was a bit of a rainy day, but I wanted to take the Vette out anyway. We got there and once inside, drove from the South gate to the other side, turned around and came back to where we came in. There is a small road called "Bison Loop", I think, that the park gate lady said would be a good spot to see Bison today, so we decided to pull in and take the very short drive through (typically about 5 minutes to complete the loop). Well, we got in there and the road was a little more bumpy, wash board-y and pot hole-y than I would have liked, but what can you do...I'm committed now. It had also been raining, so the road was also a bit muddy, as this is not a paved road. Anyway, we get about half way through the loop and came across someView attachment 41407View attachment 41408View attachment 41409View attachment 41410 vehicles that had stopped, as there were several Bison on the side of the road, with some of the more rude ones standing in the middle of the road, blocking traffic. So, what would normally be a quick 5 minute drive through the loop took about 30 minutes. There was a bit of stress associated with this wee jaunt, as the road conditions were not great and the Bison got very close to the car...I was hoping they didn't mind the sound of it getting so close to them (you just never know what they are going to do).
The car was a quite dirty after this event, but I'm happy to report that it is all back to pristine condition after a good bubble bath last night. :)
Anyway, we got through it and I was able to get a few pictures of the event, even with a couple of car pictures from the main road before we got into the loop.
Great photo's!

I was thinking of taking the Vette to Elk Island as well, one day. I've never been. Were all of the roads similar or just the Bison loop?

I've got a National Park Pass good until the end of July.
If good, it might make for a nice day trip sometime
in the next 30 days - a close drive from
my Summer Money Pit location.
Never thought about where a bunch of those things
were that are on my 2011 Canadian Colorized Quarter. :angelic:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.