Mar 7, 2017
Brantford Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Z06 roadster
For three and a half months each year I live at my home in New Zealand. They have a event there called beach hop. It is a classic cruise on steroids. It lasts four days and is the largest car event in the Southern Hemisphere. I went to first day Wednesday and the big day Saturday. Went in my friends 69 roadster and we made the newspaper. I am posting this as you are all car guys and I recommend visiting New Zealand and if possible visit the beach hop. I have been going to car events my whole life here in Canada but have never seen anything like this. 5500 registered classic cars including corvettes and thousands more not registered. They are all dressed to reflect the style of clothes in vogue when their car was built. There is also a field of classic cars and matching trailers. The old trailers match the cars in Color and chrome. The classic car parade last two and a half hours and you have to book your spot in the parade a couple of years in advance as they do not have room for all the cars there. You can google Whangamata beach hop and if you did make the trip you could also catch lead foot festival. You can google that as well, it is a hill climb with race cars from all over the world. I am a little biased but I think New Zealand is one of the most beautiful countries in the world and well worth the visit.

Attachments

• F1925039-5D11-43B0-8DAD-F6CB45CC0681.jpeg
    F1925039-5D11-43B0-8DAD-F6CB45CC0681.jpeg
    979.1 KB · Views: 26
Sounds like quite the event.

Any luck getting guards for the side pipes on the Vette?
We found two solutions, one was buying them from mid Ohio and the other is a company that well laser cut any design into any type of metal and roll them for you, so you could any kind of custom you like. I think he is going with the later. I just got to go without a bandage on that burn two days ago. Two and a half months. I will pay a little more attention getting into a vette with side pipes next time.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Nasty to get burned like that Peter. Now that he has found a solution hope he gets it done quickly before someone else gets burnt.
He will pick it up at end of may. The company that is doing it also do laser etched heat shield for bikes so it will be a nice job. On the positive side I get my vette out of storage today. Thanks for the help.

That is super cool! I love that we have a globe of car nuts. Just a quick question, is that Corvette really a right hand drive??? I don't think I've ever seen one!
I'll have to put that event on my bucket list.

I saw some Corvettes in Australia a few years back but they were all LH drive. Talked to several owners and they all had been bought in the US and shipped there . I understand there are some RH drive conversions down under but I'm thinking it must be quite an expensive venture.

Of course, a guy with a mechanical engineering degree could always build one ....Riley...:rofl:

1524666422285.png

That is super cool! I love that we have a globe of car nuts. Just a quick question, is that Corvette really a right hand drive??? I don't think I've ever seen one!
I'll have to put that event on my bucket list.
It is left hand drive. There is a few over there that are converted to right hand drive. GM never made a right hand drive vett. The closest they ever came was they shipped a brand new vette to Australia for a show and then did the conversion and sold it instead of shipping it home.

Reactions: Riley P
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.