Great tune... I have it and Little Deuce Coupe in my driving tunes playlist.... Fun Fun Fun is another one that always makes me want to bump the go pedal some.... :vette:

Reactions: JCWP
Back in 1970 when I put a new eight track tape player in the Chevelle, I also bought a Beachboys tape and this was the first song that came on. With the stereo speakers in the car it sounded great. I still have the tape player AND the box full of tapes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rruuff Day and BDK
Back in 1970 when I put a new eight track tape player in the Chevelle, I also bought a Beachboys tape and this was the first song that came on. With the stereo speakers in the car it sounded great. I still have the tape player AND the box full of tapes.

I guess I am not the only old dog on this forum - LOL.:Hurray:

Reactions: Keith Tedford
I guess I am not the only old dog on this forum - LOL.:Hurray:
I'll be 74 in May. I've been around musclecars since 1967, being fortunate enough to have owned and driven more than my share of them. I restored a couple along the way as well. In 2012, I ended up selling the SS396 Chevelle and COPO Chevelle for good money and bought our 2005 Corvette with 13,300 miles on it. The owner used Q-tips to clean the engine. It was better and cleaner than new, was six speed and silver like three of the Chevelles that we owned over the years. Perfect, having air, and all the other amenities that old people grow to like. Oh yes, and triple the gas mileage along with more power. What's not to like. Eight summers and still enjoying the Corvette as much as ever.
For you Vancouver guys, the twin to our old COPO Chevelle is somewhere in Vancouver. Our 1969 L78 SS396 Chevelle is in Langley. Both Cortez silver. I'll sign off with a Woof, being an old dog and all. ;)

Last edited:
I'll be 74 in May. I've been around musclecars since 1967, being fortunate enough to have owned and driven more than my share of them. I restored a couple along the way as well. In 2012, I ended up selling the SS396 Chevelle and COPO Chevelle for good money and bought our 2005 Corvette with 13,300 miles on it. The owner used Q-tips to clean the engine. It was better and cleaner than new, was six speed and silver like three of the Chevelles that we owned over the years. Perfect, having air, and all the other amenities that old people grow to like. Oh yes, and triple the gas mileage along with more power. What's not to like. Eight summers and still enjoying the Corvette as much as ever.
Awesome man!! Some nice cars you owned: must have an understanding wife -0 mine hates me buying cars - wait til she sees my C8 - all hell will break loose - LOL.:devil1:

Awesome man!! Some nice cars you owned: must have an understanding wife -0 mine hates me buying cars - wait til she sees my C8 - all hell will break loose - LOL.:devil1:
I am ever so fortunate. My wife loves cars, especially the Corvette. She drove the COPO Chevelle as well as our SS396 L78 car. She can handle the stick shift better than most guys. She says that she scares herself with the urge to pound the gears. How great is that. At a cruise night, one guy came along and asked her if I "let" her drive the car. "I drive it when ever I want to drive it." He backed off pretty quickly with that answer. As far as driving the cars, she is a more competent driver than most guys, truth be known.

I am ever so fortunate. My wife loves cars, especially the Corvette. She drove the COPO Chevelle as well as our SS396 L78 car. She can handle the stick shift better than most guys. She says that she scares herself with the urge to pound the gears. How great is that. At a cruise night, one guy came along and asked her if I "let" her drive the car. "I drive it when ever I want to drive it." He backed off pretty quickly with that answer. As far as driving the cars, she is a more competent driver than most guys, truth be known.
That is great. I am on my 4th corvette - C8 no. 5, owned a 2007 Shelby GT 500 vert - bought new - 1st year - paid way to much - had to spend $3K to lower it and install Shelby suspension so I could go into curves without losing it - made a huge difference - standard trany - heavy clutch - good thing was I could drive around town in 3rd gear if I wanted - it had a ton of torque. Oh, installed Mac exhaust - you could hear her purr from a long way away. Probably time I grew up eh??

:heavycar:

Reactions: BDK
That is great. I am on my 4th corvette - C8 no. 5, owned a 2007 Shelby GT 500 vert - bought new - 1st year - paid way to much - had to spend $3K to lower it and install Shelby suspension so I could go into curves without losing it - made a huge difference - standard trany - heavy clutch - good thing was I could drive around town in 3rd gear if I wanted - it had a ton of torque. Oh, installed Mac exhaust - you could hear her purr from a long way away. Probably time I grew up eh??

:heavycar:
CHRONICALLY AGING IS MANDATORY, growing up is optional. We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing..... :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread