New to the board. Deposit placed with two dealerships.
Dueck Downtown June 2020 and Prestons July 2020
Was 35th in line when ordered at Dueck’s now have moved up to No.12 in 6 month.
Prestons I am at No.5 currently but I believe this is just for the 2021’s allocations
Prestons stated that they still have to get through the rest of the 2020 orders yet.
So most likely I am way further out then 5 on the list with them.
I was given no information on monthly allocations for either dealership.
Anyone else put a deposit down with the above two dealerships or have any allocation information for them ?
I hope to at least get a spin in it before it gets tucked away for winter 2021.

I live out in the valley and hoping I can order a C8 through a local dealer,but my assumption is that in about 4 to 6 months the line up for builds should be nearly gone and normal ordering procedures will be in place,at least for base models.

Welcome to the forum. It's imperative that you find out your dealers expected monthly allocations. They have not been told, but they should have some idea as they were given Novembers and Decembers allocations. Knowing someone else at those dealers really doesn't help you much.

I live out in the valley and hoping I can order a C8 through a local dealer,but my assumption is that in about 4 to 6 months the line up for builds should be nearly gone and normal ordering procedures will be in place,at least for base models.
I hope that will be the case. Especially with them pumping out around 200 cars a day.

Reactions: ta-kid
Welcome to the forum. It's imperative that you find out your dealers expected monthly allocations. They have not been told, but they should have some idea as they were given Novembers and Decembers allocations. Knowing someone else at those dealers really doesn't help you much.
I called a couple of weeks ago and this is all they provided.
I choose Dueck due to most Vettes sold in BC.
Prestons Sponsors the BC Corvette club plus I am local to them.

I called a couple of weeks ago and this is all they provided.
I choose Dueck due to most Vettes sold in BC.
Prestons Sponsors the BC Corvette club plus I am local to them.
Sounds like they may be high volume for your area, but they won't provide that info. You must ask and usually before the deposit is paid. Anyway, that is the most important question these days. It's really the only way to really know where you stand. At the very lease they can tell you how many they sold the last three years. Once GM knows when they will start 2022, allocation information will become more readily available. Covid is really screwing things up.

Just put my name on a waiting list ( about 90 people ) at Dueck on Marine.
I heard rumours that Downtown and Prestons are asking for a surcharge over MSRP ( but have not personally confirmed that ) ?
D. on Marine is straight MSRP. Also, I was also told it doesn't matter whether you are ordering a base car or not, it doesn't affect ( speed up or delay ) your spot in line ? Is that the current concensus ?

That would be disappointing if there would be a surcharge. I have not herd of that I also did not ask about that.
Regarding speeding up I herd that if it’s and HTC then it will take a bit longer. But as soon as you have a allocation and GM accepts the order it supposed to be between 2-3 month to delivery.

That would be disappointing if there would be a surcharge. I have not herd of that I also did not ask about that.
Regarding speeding up I herd that if it’s and HTC then it will take a bit longer. But as soon as you have a allocation and GM accepts the order it supposed to be between 2-3 month to delivery.

I have read somewhere (???) that the C8 HTCs are not built one after the other as it takes a few minutes longer to build due to assembling/attaching the top, and they don't want to fall too far behind by building several in a row.
That's the interesting thing. I was told they have at least one extra station for the HTC's in the line. The coupes sit at those stations for the tact time which is 3.5 minutes per station approximately. But they do nothing. That came from an ex GM employee. So it really shouldn't take any longer to build than a coupe once they added those stations

I had no luck last summer getting low enough on the local dealership allocation so i ended up contacting every dealer i could find from BC to Manitoba and ended up with the guys at Lakewood Chev in Edmonton as they were the most helpful group from the 1st email. I was 7th on there list but with 3 people dropping out i now have an event code 3000 so now if the factory would open up it would be great. I would suggest contacting Tomas at Lakewood

I had no luck last summer getting low enough on the local dealership allocation so i ended up contacting every dealer i could find from BC to Manitoba and ended up with the guys at Lakewood Chev in Edmonton as they were the most helpful group from the 1st email. I was 7th on there list but with 3 people dropping out i now have an event code 3000 so now if the factory would open up it would be great. I would suggest contacting Tomas at Lakewood
Hey Micazo. When did you receive your allocation?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.