Nov 17, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
'85 Accord
Province
ON
I'm an avid amateur, home cook, bbq-er.

Have a Big Green Egg, Yoder pellet smoker, Weber gas grill, and a 250,000 btu side burner for those time I need to boil a pot of water in 60 seconds.

I was wondering what you guys prefer - baby back or side ribs?

For years I've always bought back ribs. They cost about an incremental $1/lb, and I always thought they looked meatier. A few weeks ago I started to play around with side ribs and was really surprised with the moisture and consistency across the entire rack.

What do you prefer?

Pork back ribs no question. Side ribs are ok but usually have the breast bone attached which is a pain. Whether they are meatier or not varies from animal to animal. I do ribs once a month without fail. Delish. I always boil gently for closer to two hours, baste with rib spice and my homemade BBQ sauce on the meat side, let sit for an hour, then BBQ bone side down. When they are hot and the bone slightly charred, flip for a couple minutes only to caramelize the sauce on the meat side. That is my never fail recipe.

I've never tried to boiling technique.

I usually dry rub and let them sit over night, then smoke for about 2 hrs at 220-230F until I get the colour and bark I'm looking for.

Wrap them in foil with some brown sugar and butter, meat side down. Cook at the same temp for another 2 hrs or so. Let them rest for another 3 mins, then sauce, and caramelize on high heat.

One day when I have enough people to feed, I have to try a full brisket.

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06

I usually dry rub and let them sit over night, then smoke for about 2 hrs at 220-230F until I get the colour and bark I'm looking for.

Wrap them in foil with some brown sugar and butter, meat side down. Cook at the same temp for another 2 hrs or so. Let them rest for another 3 mins, then sauce, and caramelize on high heat.

Check out the site

www.amazingribs.com

No boiling!

Charcoal Webber Kettle the only way to go .

Use your favourite rub

Add your favourite wood for the smoke flavour.

Baby back ribs, indirect heat 5 to 6 hours at 225 to 275 F

You will be impressed.

;

Reactions: 12cents
Low and slow. Peel the silver skin off. salt and pepper then slow BBQ over wood chunk charcoal, finishing with BBQ sauce for caramelization. They never last long!

I do briskets quite often. Most are from moose but have done a few beef as well. I usually cold smoke them for few hours, then into the slow cooker. Depending on size, about 8 hours on low. I like my meat rare but ya gotta cook briskets for a long time to get them tender. If you do they cut with a spoon and fall apart in your mouth. I have some great sauce recipes for them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread