Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Battery Tender(Maintainer)
Category: Accessories
Deal Link: 12V Automatic Float Charger | Princess Auto
Retailer: Princess Auto
Sale Price: $14.99

Description: Most of us likely have battery tenders for our cars but for those of us that have tractors, lawn mowers, skid steers, quads, plow trucks and/or multiple vehicles that sit for extended periods, here's a low priced maintainer that has good reviews.

maintainer.jpg

Approved by: Poll results

That model is a little light for cars. Great for M/Cs... but to be honest it works adequately on cars as well. I have a few larger units for most of my cars, but sometimes use a light one like this on a car now that I am no longer running a motorcycle.

I had it hooked up for 15 hours and it was still charging my battery. I hooked a voltmeter to the battery posts with and without the charger attached and it was a slightly higher voltage (12.66V with charger and 12.60 without). It will charge it but it will take some time. The transformer (wall plug) was warm to the touch. As stated, it is intended for smaller batteries so I will keep it for my tractor and bike.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Keep in mind people that these low output float chargers are only intended to maintain a battery when they drop a small amount of voltage and need it (thus the "float"). They are not intended to charge a dead or significantly low battery. The dinky little batteries in a C7 for instance are likely not much more than a 45 amp/hour battery. Given a dead battery, it would require 45 amp/hours of charge to bring it to full charge. A 45 amp charger would take an hour to charge it. A 600 milliamp charger (this one) would take 75 hours. If you're looking for instant gratification, this isn't the item for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread