Nice video Richard. I am a sucker for chargers and testers. Now I have to have that Solar Battery Tester. $94.75 at Amazon.ca and free shipping.
... and you are too far away for me to borrow yours ... and so I need to now find one now too :Smuggrin:
I have 3 marine batteries for which this device will come in handy every year and save me the
"embarrassment" of reloading the boat with power to work accessories but not enough to start :bag:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bixter44
... and you are too far away for me to borrow yours ... and so I need to now find one now too :Smuggrin:
I have 3 marine batteries for which this device will come in handy every year and save me the
"embarrassment" of reloading the boat with power to work accessories but not enough to start :bag:
My Mastercard bill is going to be huge for this month already so I can't order that battery tester. The good news is, the 'month' ends today. Tomorrow I have a clean slate again. The timing was perfect here. I love how that works. I will be on Amazon.ca in the morning.

My Mastercard bill is going to be huge for this month already so I can't order that battery tester. The good news is, the 'month' ends today. Tomorrow I have a clean slate again. The timing was perfect here. I love how that works. I will be on Amazon.ca in the morning.
Hope there’s not a buying spree from this thread and they sell out by morning ... 😳 ...

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Oh damn ... now I’m not so hot on my Schumacher charger anymore ... an all-in-one fix heh?

These are bigger smart chargers I use on the Hummer. But can hook them up to the Corvette if I wanted.
Which is actually not a bad idea in the spring just to see how the battery is after 2 storage seasons. 👍

Last edited:
Hope there’s not a buying spree from this thread and they sell out by morning ... 😳 ...
I watched some YouTube videos. Found that there is a digital version of this Solar BA7 Battery Tester called a BA9. In some of the comments I learned that there is an Ancel BA101 Battery Tester with more features and less money. Checked out a really good review video on it by dial2fast. That's the tester I am ordering tomorrow. Good ol' YouTube.

I watched some YouTube videos. Found that there is a digital version of this Solar BA7 Battery Tester called a BA9. In some of the comments I learned that there is an Ancel BA101 Battery Tester with more features and less money. Checked out a really good review video on it by dial2fast. That's the tester I am ordering tomorrow. Good ol' YouTube.
OK thanks … I noticed the BA101 as an alternate choice in Amazon.
:thumbs: Yes, Amazon.ca
:thumbs: Yes, accessed Amazon.ca via Airmiles Shops for Airmiles
:thumbs: Yes, less cost than the Solar BA7
:thumbs: Yes, appears to have the needed functions and a laptop USB connection
:thumbs: Yes, Free Shipping option
:thumbs: Yes, an unexpected $10 coupon to clip from Amazon at checkout
:thumbs: Yes, its purchased
:thumbs: Yes, anticipated delivery Jan 28th

No … this is not a Meg Ryan Movie … :Biggrin:

Last edited:
OK thanks … I noticed the BA101 as an alternate choice in Amazon.
:thumbs: Yes, Amazon.ca
:thumbs: Yes, accessed Amazon.ca via Airmiles Shops for Airmiles
:thumbs: Yes, less cost than the Solar BA7
:thumbs: Yes, appears to have the needed functions and a laptop USB connection
:thumbs: Yes, Free Shipping option
:thumbs: Yes, an unexpected $10 coupon to clip from Amazon at checkout
:thumbs: Yes, its purchased
:thumbs: Yes, anticipated delivery Jan 28th

No … this is not a Meg Ryan Movie … :Biggrin:
Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes etc.......free express shipping, will be here Friday.

... Ancel BA101 Battery Tester ... Amazon's anticipated delivery Jan 28th

Amazon is awesome ... not only free delivery but also in only 3 days
(5 days sooner than the confirmation email stated :thumbs:)
F2466202-1B6C-4BCF-A876-7AB6F9BD71BF.jpeg BC358110-1976-4ACB-AA27-039C45476033.jpeg

Last edited:
Amazon is awesome ... not only free delivery but also in only 3 days
(5 days sooner than the confirmation email stated :thumbs:)
View attachment 23210 View attachment 23211
Mine arrived today right on time. Not 3 days early. I am feeling like a lower priority, Prime Member and all. Being -20F right now, I am not in a hurry to go play with some batteries. Maybe tomorrow I will fire up the woodburner and heat up the shop.

Mine arrived today right on time. Not 3 days early. I am feeling like a lower priority, Prime Member and all. Being -20F right now, I am not in a hurry to go play with some batteries. Maybe tomorrow I will fire up the woodburner and heat up the shop.
... although received days early for me, can't try it until the same day as you :joyful:
as the weekend arrives :thumbs: ... but ... I have no shop that heats up :Cryin:

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Better watch our Bixter. The tree huggers will be at your door for deforestation and air pollution. Maybe some good old Alberta bitumen would be less polluting!

... and there we go only 10% MCA ... thx for this thread 👍🏻
Power to make accessories work and put the stern drive down ... but won’t start the inboard 250hp Merc Marine. Battery always charges up wonderfully to 100% and a $65 buy on amazon has just saved me launching embarrassment this year ... bitter sweet though ... toasting the Napa that came with the boat and need to now research for new deep cycle Marine Replacement.
311E4D24-0984-4CFD-AA4E-040A35935074.jpeg

Last edited: