Base Stingray Now on Constraint, only Z51 is available to order as of now.

this information was sent by one of the biggest corvette dealers in USA (Macmulkin) to their customers:
We have just been informed that the standard Stingray Package ( NON Z51 Package Car ) Is now on constraint along with Magnetic Ride Control for either package and could be on constraint until further notice. We do not know how long this constraint is going to last. There is a very small amount of availability of Non Z51 package cars and Magnetic ride control Nationally.

Base Stingray Now on Constraint, only Z51 is available to order as of now.

this information was sent by one of the biggest corvette dealers in USA (Macmulkin) to their customers:
We have just been informed that the standard Stingray Package ( NON Z51 Package Car ) Is now on constraint along with Magnetic Ride Control for either package and could be on constraint until further notice. We do not know how long this constraint is going to last. There is a very small amount of availability of Non Z51 package cars and Magnetic ride control Nationally.
I thought that is what Cam reported in this post

Think Gm just wants to move on from 2022's but parts are going to be a big on going problem. I noticed on my car the rear rock deflector under car was broken so call dealership as car has not been driven yet they ordered the part, it took a month and a half to get part. If it takes that long to get a simple part hope nothing really goes wrong with it as be sitting half the summer. Calgary dealer did confirm No base C8's and no mag ride for 22's

This is still a thing. It's been confirmed by many. We should find out tomorrow if it still is. Sources think it's a chip shortage, but that doesn't make much sense to me. Seems to me it's more likely to be the E-diff or rather the non E-diff that is not available. AFAIK it's the only real difference. Unless the chips are vastly different for the 2. <shrug>

Reactions: NickRapidC8
can someone confirm that its still constraint for 2023 model? my dealer just said its my turn. But its a still constraint for 2023 model, asked me to add z51 so they will accept the order. I personally dont want z51, as i dont want summer tires, spoiler, other things makes no difference for me. I would much rather pay the premium for 3lt trim.

can someone confirm that its still constraint for 2023 model? my dealer just said its my turn. But its a still constraint for 2023 model, asked me to add z51 so they will accept the order. I personally dont want z51, as i dont want summer tires, spoiler, other things makes no difference for me. I would much rather pay the premium for 3lt trim.
Confirmed.
There is another thread on the subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: lance
You can delete the spoiler on Z51, but yes $10k for an option you don't need, also springs are stiffer for less ride comfort

Reactions: lance
Placed my order yesterday for a 2023/24 as I was told about 18 months out.
I went with a Conv. and had a long discussion about the Z-51 package. The question that I was asked was " Are you going to track the car" if not....don't bother with it. Personal choice for sure. No question the regular tires Michelin AS 4's are a softer ride and offer a little more flexibility in the shoulder seasons. I'm sure on the odd occasion if I track the car. I'll be the slow guy... and have a great time never the less.
Also going to order the Mag ride and Front Lift. The GT 2 seats are also very nice.
Their # 1 trim package on order sheets is the 2LT trim package for Wilson-Niblet. Best bank for the buck.
It's a long wait....but I think it will be well worth !!

Reactions: Murray20c8
Placed my order yesterday for a 2023/24 as I was told about 18 months out.
I went with a Conv. and had a long discussion about the Z-51 package. The question that I was asked was " Are you going to track the car" if not....don't bother with it. Personal choice for sure. No question the regular tires Michelin AS 4's are a softer ride and offer a little more flexibility in the shoulder seasons. I'm sure on the odd occasion if I track the car. I'll be the slow guy... and have a great time never the less.
Also going to order the Mag ride and Front Lift. The GT 2 seats are also very nice.
Their # 1 trim package on order sheets is the 2LT trim package for Wilson-Niblet. Best bank for the buck.
It's a long wait....but I think it will be well worth !!
Nice choices. I went with Non Z51 and we are very happy. I didn't want a spoiler and I wanted the A/S tires.
The GT2 seats are a little nicer looking, but just so you know, other than looks the GT1 and GT2 seats are identical build wise. Same foam density etc.

Nice choices. I went with Non Z51 and we are very happy. I didn't want a spoiler and I wanted the A/S tires.
The GT2 seats are a little nicer looking, but just so you know, other than looks the GT1 and GT2 seats are identical build wise. Same foam density etc.
I went with gt1 seats, non z51, didn't want a spoiler, and wanted all-season tires. I am very happy with my car and would not change anything

Reactions: Murray20c8
I gather some dealers enter an order into the work-bench system right away, as soon you put down your deposit. While others, like mine, only enter an order when they get an allocation, even though they have my deposit already. I suppose if you have an order in ahead of time, you'll be given a chance to change it? Heaven knows I am on already my 4th colour choice in the 8 months since my deposit.
I'm still wondering what to do if I have to choose the Z51...no clear answer there.
As an aside, on the build and price website, on a Z51 car I was able to delete the Z51 wing and replace it with the low-wing at no extra cost, in case anyone is interested.

I gather some dealers enter an order into the work-bench system right away, as soon you put down your deposit. While others, like mine, only enter an order when they get an allocation, even though they have my deposit already. I suppose if you have an order in ahead of time, you'll be given a chance to change it? Heaven knows I am on already my 4th colour choice in the 8 months since my deposit.
Yes, some dealers don't want to be bothered so they don't enter the order until they get an allocation. IMO that is a mistake as I've said here many times before. I was a Sys Admin at Seneca College and was always asked to query the database for information. It is the easiest thing in the world to do for those of us. Imagine if GM wanted to know how many Z51 packages have an order number? Wouldn't that help them decide on making the base C8 a constraint?

I hear that GM is to offer a sleeping pill to take ( or possible space flight to mars and back) and put you away till your C8 arrives.
As you know the dosage may vary with time you have to wait and very inaccurate.
Of course, this is an extra option offered.
Good Luck. I waited for mine for 13 months .

My dealer got their allocation for mine and was accepted by GM on Feb 15 2022 and has not moved since still at 3000 status. I ordered a 2LT Z51 in ceramic grey. Seems to be no rhyme or reason on how long it takes from 3000 status to build. Some people are getting their cars built in three weeks or less from the time their dealers orders are accepted. Unfortunately we are at their mercy and have to play the waiting game but all worth it in the end.

My dealer got their allocation for mine and was accepted by GM on Feb 15 2022 and has not moved since still at 3000 status. I ordered a 2LT Z51 in ceramic grey. Seems to be no rhyme or reason on how long it takes from 3000 status to build. Some people are getting their cars built in three weeks or less from the time their dealers orders are accepted. Unfortunately we are at their mercy and have to play the waiting game but all worth it in the end.

Mine was accepted on February 15 as well has a tpw of 4/18 not sure if that changed with the plant shutdown 2 weeks ago

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.