Zeeman28a

RIP
Ontario You're a Regular 2 You're 10
Jan 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Gong to try again for next Saturday, if anyone is interested and can make it. Should be more scenic with the leaves just now starting to change colours. Long range forecast is currently favourable.

We will grab lunch at Annie's Cafe in the same plaza as Don's Bakery. Maybe do a walk to the mini rapids, there's a couple of curio shops if anyone wants to buy some antiques.

Then after Bala, we'll hop on the windy road and take us to highway 11 for home. By the time we leave Bala, it will be around 2pm-230pm, half hour to Hwy 11, and then about an hour or so to get home from there.

Meet up is at the CanTire Gas bar on Hwy 400 north of Major Mackenzie from 9AM-10AM. We are getting off Hwy 400 at Hwy 88 and backroads for most of the way.

We are heading out for a 3 hour country drive to Bala. And not many places to stop along the way.

Don's Bakery
Portage Landing
3119 Hwy 169, Unit 2
Bala, ON P0C 1A0
Open Sunday 7:30am to 4pm

Bakery is a walk in but if you would like to order before hand, Orders must be placed by noon on the day BEFORE pickup.
Tel: (705) 762-3937

Annie's Cafe and Deli
3119 Hwy 169
Bala, Ontario
(705) 762-1112
Open Sunday 8am to 3pm

Posted on my Facebook Page as well

I may give this a try. I can meet up with the group in Bala as I will be in Rosseau for the weekend. Just not sure if I will be taking the car up this weekend Or will need the truck. time to cut some firewood!

Another great Stan Fun Run. Cool, well ok it was cold but a really nice day. Great to see everyone, good lunch at Boston Pizza in Gravenhurst. Fun trip up Muskoka Beach Road.

hidIWwal.jpg

DZ1Klhsl.jpg

cgud3cgl.jpg

JOWdxb1l.jpg

NyOqDy5l.jpg

mFTjQjal.jpg

Zgh99mhl.jpg

qWPRD4wl.jpg

SEedn5ql.jpg

Great pics Murray .....thanks for sharing. Busy day here but not as nice as there for your cruise. Windy, cold and mainly cloudy with some rain here -- not good vette weather at all.

Glad nobody came up quickly when you stopped to take that one on Muskoka Beach Road.;) --
Seems the trees are little behind sched. up there -- I'm surprised.......I thought they'd be in 'full bloom'.

C.

Colin, the transformation of the leaves is late for sure. Not quite sure why they are late, but I think Thanksgiving weekend and perhaps the weekend after they will be spectacular. Kathleen Wynne took that shot for me Colin. I did not want to do something illegal.:Biggrin:

Hope all is well with you Colin.:thumbs:

Colin, the transformation of the leaves is late for sure. Not quite sure why they are late, but I think Thanksgiving weekend and perhaps the weekend after they will be spectacular. Kathleen Wynne took that shot for me Colin. I did not want to do something illegal.:Biggrin:

Hope all is well with you Colin.:thumbs:
LOL -- good one Murray.......She's quite talented that girl and how did she like driving your car?:)

Better here thanks. I will call.

C.

Excellent pics Murray.

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Had a blast today. Literally. That blast of cold air we had today waiting at the OnRoute was a bit much for me.

Turned out to be a beautiful day today, albeit a bit chilly with the wind. I hope everyone enjoyed the route to Bala (except for that approx. 1km of gravel road works that wasn't there a month ago). Was too bad Annie's and Don's were just packed with people today. Glad we decided not to wait around and headed to the Boston Pizza in Gravenhurst.

Randy to the left of me at the OnRoute.
IMG_0095.jpg

Gerry to the right of me.
IMG_0096.jpg

The cars.
IMG_0097.jpg

The people.
IMG_0098.jpg

6 cars cruising to Bala to meet up with Dodosmike (Mike) and Black 03 Z06 (Murray)
IMG_0102.jpg

Here we had to stop at a light as the roadworks had closed the street to one lane. Very long light.
IMG_0103.jpg

Thought this was a nice spot against the rocks for a pic.
IMG_0104.jpg

Don's Bakery and Annie's Cafe were packed so we decided to drive into Gravenhurst to Boston Pizza and the Gravenhurst Bakery instead. Leaving Don and Annie's.
vlcsnap-00003.jpg

Dodosmike in his '78 leading the way.
vlcsnap-00004.jpg

There was a Mazda Miata convention in the parking lot.
vlcsnap-00006.jpg

vlcsnap-00007.jpg

And of course, the Corvettes.
IMG_0105.jpg

Me taking a picture of Murray taking a picture of the cars.
IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

What to get?
IMG_0109.jpg

Looks like he fell asleep.
IMG_0112.jpg

Last edited:
Lunch is served.
IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Standing on the dock of the bay, err, lake. From left to right.
Gerry, Margaret, Paula, Alan, Randy, Murray, Mike, Bruce and Joe.
IMG_0123.jpg

I stitched together about 7 images to create this panorama from the dock at Boston Pizza. If you were to zoom in and scan along the shoreline, you'd be hard pressed to see where the images join. I should have tried for the 360degree.
gravenhurst_panorama_resize.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't quite go according to plan with the restaurant, but really doesn't matter when you have a good group, good roads and great cars. This is my first year and I have definitely become a fan of the Stan meets.

Wow Zeeman -- cool pics ..... and thanks for id'ing all the folk. Great cruise, cars, scenery, food, and pics.
Love the 'panoramic' -- awesome skills.

Spoke to Murray after his return and he really enjoyed the outing.

Would love to have attended.

Cheers
C.

JB08 said:
As always, a nice group of people and a good time. Thanks for the pics. Stan, that Muskoka beach road... :thumbs:

I really should put my rear facing GoPro back on the car.

Muskoka Beach Road videos

Part 1 (3m)

Part 2 (2m08s)

Part 3 (3m01s)

Stan, I have to tell you it is as much fun being the last car as the first. I know now why I got the finger from the old lady in the sedan that pulled over. You should be ashamed of yourself.:Biggrin:

That is a great road. You should try it in February.;)

What old lady? You're not talking about that grey car we all caught up with and that I backed off of in the beginning of the 2nd video? I didn't see the driver but she was pulled over to the side of the road a bit of a ways up the road. Nothing to do with us Murray.:thumbs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread