Jun 8, 2012
Edmonton AB
VetteCoins
Car
No Corvette :(
Badlands Motorsports Park has been in the development stages for a long while. It is finally being built near Drumheller AB

Anyone interested there is a meeting Feb 22nd at 6:30pm in Calgary

RSVP here Sneak Peek | Badlands Motorsports Resort

Special introductory memberships will be offered..... heard financing in the works and what every else.

The owner is a friend of mine that I raced against, he had a Corvette Z06 done up big time.

Now, heard a lifetime membership should be $12,500 and includes 20 events a season and membership is saleable at any time.

If I can make it work I might go to listen..... I have taken some time off from driving events so kinda not for me right now.

Should be a nice track.

Brian

27751584_1529289433852198_4093501273968913139_n.jpg

Wonder if they will have Seasonal Sustainment ideas like cross country skiing, snowmobiling, etc.
as limited-to-seasonal entertainment in our part of the woods is otherwise rather difficult to
confidently embrace enough to "invest" big bucks into memberships.
Introductory @ $12.5k is enticing however not worth much if it struggles to stay open.
We will see how this goes forward as I am hoping this can bring motorsports
excitement back to the Calgary Area (as the drive is no big deal).

Last edited:
I agree Spence. As much as I also hope this materializes, this is not an inexpensive undertaking. I hope they can exhibit a very good development and operating plan to potential financial supporters. If not, you and I likely won't be the only ones considering if this is a good investment or not.

Reactions: YFCvii
I'm still looking on the picture for the drag track that Paul saw.... I went to their website and they don't mention a drag track, which I would think would be an important thing to mention when you're looking for support from auto racing users. I emailed them a couple weeks ago and asked them if there would be a drag strip but didn't get a response.

It was in the information posted on Alberta Corvette Facebook page Eric.
Jay Zelazo: One more thing, there's been a lot of questions on the main Facebook page about drag racing. We are actually going to be offering 1/4 mile events on one of the main straights as long as cars meet sound limits. We are not actively promoting this, for a variety of reasons. But this link explains it:

Cut and paste the link into your browser.

It was in the information posted on Alberta Corvette Facebook page Eric.
Jay Zelazo: One more thing, there's been a lot of questions on the main Facebook page about drag racing. We are actually going to be offering 1/4 mile events on one of the main straights as long as cars meet sound limits. We are not actively promoting this, for a variety of reasons. But this link explains it:

Cut and paste the link into your browser.

Ahhhh... that explains much. Thank you Paul. I don't do facebook so I don't see any of whatever you guys link... I just get the dreaded blank box.... lol...

unofficial 1/4 mile drag area to the right side of the pic i beleive as not sure if there is room along the tribune building wihich is in the center back of the pic.

unofficial 1/4 mile drag area to the right side of the pic i beleive as not sure if there is room along the tribune building wihich is in the center back of the pic.

Thanks Paul. Yes.That's a better picture. Not sure they have the length there for a 1/4 mile track though. That whole Valley Track is only 2 miles total so that back stretch is max 1/4 mile long with no shutdown area. I'm thinking if that's it, it will likely be a 1/8 track. Kewl nonetheless though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread