This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Badlands Motorsports Park firstever public event Feb 22nd Calgary

Jun 8, 2012
Edmonton AB
VetteCoins
Car
No Corvette :(
Badlands Motorsports Park has been in the development stages for a long while. It is finally being built near Drumheller AB

Anyone interested there is a meeting Feb 22nd at 6:30pm in Calgary

RSVP here Sneak Peek | Badlands Motorsports Resort

Special introductory memberships will be offered..... heard financing in the works and what every else.

The owner is a friend of mine that I raced against, he had a Corvette Z06 done up big time.

Now, heard a lifetime membership should be $12,500 and includes 20 events a season and membership is saleable at any time.

If I can make it work I might go to listen..... I have taken some time off from driving events so kinda not for me right now.

Should be a nice track.

Brian

Wonder if they will have Seasonal Sustainment ideas like cross country skiing, snowmobiling, etc.
as limited-to-seasonal entertainment in our part of the woods is otherwise rather difficult to
confidently embrace enough to "invest" big bucks into memberships.
Introductory @ $12.5k is enticing however not worth much if it struggles to stay open.
We will see how this goes forward as I am hoping this can bring motorsports
excitement back to the Calgary Area (as the drive is no big deal).

Last edited:
I agree Spence. As much as I also hope this materializes, this is not an inexpensive undertaking. I hope they can exhibit a very good development and operating plan to potential financial supporters. If not, you and I likely won't be the only ones considering if this is a good investment or not.

Reactions: YFCvii
The “valley” track looks very challenging. Looking at the diagram,I’d say it’s set up to run counter clockwise.

I'm still looking on the picture for the drag track that Paul saw.... I went to their website and they don't mention a drag track, which I would think would be an important thing to mention when you're looking for support from auto racing users. I emailed them a couple weeks ago and asked them if there would be a drag strip but didn't get a response.

It was in the information posted on Alberta Corvette Facebook page Eric.
Jay Zelazo: One more thing, there's been a lot of questions on the main Facebook page about drag racing. We are actually going to be offering 1/4 mile events on one of the main straights as long as cars meet sound limits. We are not actively promoting this, for a variety of reasons. But this link explains it:
https://www.facebook.com/ Cut and paste the link into your browser.

Ahhhh... that explains much. Thank you Paul. I don't do facebook so I don't see any of whatever you guys link... I just get the dreaded blank box.... lol...

unofficial 1/4 mile drag area to the right side of the pic i beleive as not sure if there is room along the tribune building wihich is in the center back of the pic.

unofficial 1/4 mile drag area to the right side of the pic i beleive as not sure if there is room along the tribune building wihich is in the center back of the pic.

Thanks Paul. Yes.That's a better picture. Not sure they have the length there for a 1/4 mile track though. That whole Valley Track is only 2 miles total so that back stretch is max 1/4 mile long with no shutdown area. I'm thinking if that's it, it will likely be a 1/8 track. Kewl nonetheless though.

Users who are viewing this thread