Dec 17, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2016 ZF1 Stingray
Province
QC
Or move to a house that has a garage. LOL. We moved recently and the garage was a deal breaker if it didn't have one.The house we liked I saw the potential in the garages and did them both up real nice and added climate control and flooring and 24 day maker lighting. I didn't care about the rest of the house once I saw the garages. My wife loved the designer kitchen as she is a gourmet cook. So we were both happy. She has a nice kitchen and I have nice garages. Win win.

I have a garage and if I wasn't a manual person I'd have room but I have too many tools, building supplies and junk and now work related materials and more tools. I have more tools than a mechanic.
I'd have to probably move outside the city and that means too much travel for work and getting supplies for my work. Also the market is nut's the city keeps climbing house values, Over 70K in 10 years! I'll take a look what's out there but but chances are very slim and the neighbors might file complaints when repairing cars. Right now I'm in a perfect spot except for my neighbor felon/welfare/crazy/loud music/tenant who collects junk and built a million sheds and modified the landlord's house with balcony from electoral signs. He stole the neighbor's pipes, building supplies and tools(before it was demolished for a new house), he burglarized my house and he stole my fence!!!

Ah, yeah work ties a person down and the tools of the trade are more important. Your neighbour sounds scary though. That would be enough for me to pack my bags. one time I moved from my house because of a neighbours dog. He kept it chained up outside and the damn thing would bark all day long. I was working shifts back then and try sleeping with constant noise is impossible. Nothing I could do except move. No noise bylaws in our small town at the time. After I moved not even far away. Just in the next block I heard his dog died. LOL. But yeah bad neighbours can be the worst. Years ago when I had my 74 Vette I was in a duplex we rented. Bad neighbours on the other side. Kinda like the show Shameless. That was them. I had a garage there I was allowed to use and they broke into my Vette and stole the after market stereo and speakers I had in it.

I opened a new thread because I think there will be many replies! We have noise bylaws except I have to file an official report so the cops can give out a 250$ fine, if not they just ask him to turn it down. As soon as the police are at the end of the street he turns it back up. Problem is if I fill out the report he can contest it and I'll have to go to court and since he's welfare and a real nut case I'll be there constantly and he'll do more vandalism. I spent many nights sleeping downstairs in the basement because I hear this constant bass, in the bedroom, kitchen, living room with the TV turned on etc. I call the cops and he know he has 45 minutes before they show up so he turns it down and up all day, all night. The cops started to harass me because I called too many times.

He then starts to build more sheds at midnight, sometimes at 3. Then all of a sudden his crack head girlfriend start yelling and insulting at each other. Both of them recently lost their vehicles, probably seized by the police. Seriously she looks like a real zombie, her face wrinkled like Texas chainsaw massacre Edward Gein's masks.

Last year I had enough he made bonfires every other night with left over scraps and the tinder would rise 20 feet in the air. I called the fire department and they were there literally in 4 minutes and hosed it down. They could of fined him but I think he just got a warning.

• Angry
Reactions: turbozig and kerry4
Man, Tango, that pisses me off just reading about it. People can be such A-holes. I have had my fair share of inconsiderate neighbors, but not as bad as yours. If the girlfriend is indeed a crack or meth head, likely he is one too, so hopefully this situation will resolve itself be too long, if you know what I mean. .

Man, Tango, that pisses me off just reading about it. People can be such A-holes. I have had my fair share of inconsiderate neighbors, but not as bad as yours. If the girlfriend is indeed a crack or meth head, likely he is one too, so hopefully this situation will resolve itself be too long, if you know what I mean. .

Thanks for the empathy. I had my roof redone this summer and I was appaled at what I saw. Incredible! I called the city to get involved but he keeps building stuff! I'll call again and hopefully they crack down on it. If he would only move or go back to prison.

All you see in the first picture is what he built, seriously everything here, the patio deck, all the 4-5 sheds and what he accumulated in junk and he's just a tenant!! He built the 2nd floor balcony, you can see a little bit of the roof with electoral signs! He also took 5-10 feet off the city/soccer field. I have to call the city to let them know.
The second picture is from my new neighbor's house, he stole stuff from them even before the house was completely built. I told him what to expect and hopefully he can complain too. He put up cameras all around the house. I have to ask him what he put in because I plan on getting cameras too.

IMG_20190729_160017536.jpg

IMG_20190714_131307488_HDR.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: turbozig
I feel for you too Tango. Thats horrible. Possibly they are cooking meth from the sounds of it. And the trouble with calling the cops is a bad neighbour goes from bad to being worse. If thats even possible in your case.

I am sorry to hear about your neighbor, I do understand. We have had a rental next to us for 25 years and I can't believe what we have saw over that time with numerous tenants. The best one was the native drug dealers that lived there. They transported the cargo on bike via black garbage bags weekly. You could smell the various contents every time the garage door opened. Some of the buyers we saw had us quite concered. We had to phone it in and watched the SWAT team with large guns break it up.

My latest peeve is my old neighbor across the street. I came home from work the other day and found the foot of snow that was in front of his road and both his neighbors had been snowblowed directly across the street to my side where we park! I was furious!!! Even after the 3.5 hours of shoveling I had to do, I still had not cooled down. What a f..... d...! His excuse, he dosen't want to put the salt and gravel on his lawn, o brother.

:Banghead:

I am sorry to hear about your neighbor, I do understand. We have had a rental next to us for 25 years and I can't believe what we have saw over that time with numerous tenants. The best one was the native drug dealers that lived there. They transported the cargo on bike via black garbage bags weekly. You could smell the various contents every time the garage door opened. Some of the buyers we saw had us quite concered. We had to phone it in and watched the SWAT team with large guns break it up.

My latest peeve is my old neighbor across the street. I came home from work the other day and found the foot of snow that was in front of his road and both his neighbors had been snowblowed directly across the street to my side where we park! I was furious!!! Even after the 3.5 hours of shoveling I had to do, I still had not cooled down. What a f..... d...! His excuse, he dosen't want to put the salt and gravel on his lawn, o brother.

Come borrow my little blower and blow it back onto his roof. :devil:
61EF1D05-523D-44E1-AA2A-81652A093F6E.jpeg

Thanks for the empathy. I had my roof redone this summer and I was appaled at what I saw. Incredible! I called the city to get involved but he keeps building stuff! I'll call again and hopefully they crack down on it. If he would only move or go back to prison.

All you see in the first picture is what he built, seriously everything here, the patio deck, all the 4-5 sheds and what he accumulated in junk and he's just a tenant!! He built the 2nd floor balcony, you can see a little bit of the roof with electoral signs! He also took 5-10 feet off the city/soccer field. I have to call the city to let them know.
The second picture is from my new neighbor's house, he stole stuff from them even before the house was completely built. I told him what to expect and hopefully he can complain too. He put up cameras all around the house. I have to ask him what he put in because I plan on getting cameras too.

View attachment 35100

View attachment 35101
Call the city. By your description of the guy, I highly doubt any of that has a building permit.

Landlord might be interested too, if they don’t already know about the construction...

• Agree
Reactions: turbozig and kerry4

He needs to pick up a couple railroad spikes in his snowblower the next time he does that....:devil:

Always good to hold one’s cool. Lay low. Do not stand out at all ...
no show of emotion or reaction at all.
As the neighbour’s antagonizing action is all about his lawn and a thing
they are disrespectfully doing over and over and over and over again...
It’s amazing what roundup can do a few days after one tosses aside the contents of “one’s drink” while on a stroll one summer night - and without the target back at ya. 😇

Last edited:
Call the city. By your description of the guy, I highly doubt any of that has a building permit.

Landlord might be interested too, if they don’t already know about the construction...

I did call the city and someone in that department was supposed to call me back, he never did. I'll call again this week. Complaints in this huge city takes the back burner it seems. On another note I do not cause trouble, all it takes is a criminal record and I lose my contracting license. It would be easy for me to get into trouble. You know , elsie's booby traps and mine fields.(Just kidding) :Pistolsmiley:

It ticked me off he literally broke down my cable fence and stole it. He was driving 4 feet on my side and burying the trail for the heating oil delivery guy. I've been planning to build a fence with sturdy 4x4 metal posts filled with concrete and regular fencing in between but no one this summer wanted to dig post holes or were charging way way too much.

Since September he doesn't have a van anymore and rides a bike with a milk crate on the back end.

The house is turned into 3 apartments, I wish the old tenant were still there, the family was on welfare but were very good people, I lent his son some tools on occasion and they'd watch my place like hawks. But the tenant upstairs were teen drug dealers and one day as I came home a guy parked in front of my house, which is also in front of a little school literally 35 feet away, was cutting up a brick of hash! I walked to his car and told him to get the hell out. Thinking back it wasn't a good idea with street gangs and guns nowadays.

The Bad Neighbor in Quebec is what I also can feel it will take a lifetime to resolve. I feel for you and know it is happening everywhere.
It may only be something that can be resolved on a local level.
If you have a local by law maker (politician), it may be best
to approach them. Ask how you are expected to live with this
and why are "nuisance laws" not being defined to minimize it.
There are municipalities who have remedied a lot but it
takes the strength of enforcement if one's municipality has it.
I know that, even if you have 500 yards of space between yourself
and a neighbour, a nuisance can create havoc. I don't know
but perhaps ...
as I really take advantage of when election time comes and
people come to my door to ask for my vote.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango
Exactly. My quarter mile of dusty gravel road sounds pretty good right now.
Certain words pop out in a Corvette Forum.
I was in Manitoba once and it resulted in
my helping out the profitability for a car wash
owner each day while I was there with my Ray.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.