Colin. When i bought my car the fellow had installed a Pioneer Z110BT Nav system with rear camera. If you look close you'll see it just to the right of the LP.
2006Corvette001.jpg

I'm going to try to find another place this winter to hide it a little better.
As soon as you select reverse the camera comes alive and the view has unbelievable clarity. you can also select split screen while going forward and it's rear view and nav at the same time. Really nice to see who's riding your bumper.
2006Corvette015.jpg

On this one, a cable routed through the car to the nav, so I don't know if wireless is available.
Rob
PS The mike on the dash is for a Blue Tooth phone in the nav

Last edited:
Hey Terry.....I've checked on a few websites for a cam compatible with an OEM navi to no avail.
The best I can do is a separate screen or a cover screen on the rear view. neither of which would be very good.

Thanks for your info.
C.

Excellent links, Rob -- thanks.
icon14.gif

C.

I'm guessing the curb-alert negated the urchase of a back-up cam, corect Colin? What was the problems with looking for a cam? I'd love a back-up Cam, and have NAV as well. Very hard to see where the rear-end is in this car (C6), and prefer to back-in to stalls for safety sake.

I'm guessing the curb-alert negated the urchase of a back-up cam, corect Colin? What was the problems with looking for a cam? I'd love a back-up Cam, and have NAV as well. Very hard to see where the rear-end is in this car (C6), and prefer to back-in to stalls for safety sake.

Still in the market for one -- just haven't pursued yet. Yes rear visibility is lacking.......would really love to get something this year.
One thing I haven't done yet is to talk to Manny. He has some experience with this stuff and would be my choice as installer.

C.

Colin, found some info for GM cam. Site says it's available for 2007 and 8 .It might be a place to start.
GM Factory Nav
Found this one too.
CORVETTE IPOD AND 360 LOCKPICK
Rob

Hi Colin, I have looked into the Coastaltech before but put off buying it..Supposed to be pretty good...A few interface connections have to be made on our factory Nav`s and its good to go.....

Hi Colin, I have looked into the Coastaltech before but put off buying it..Supposed to be pretty good...A few interface connections have to be made on our factory Nav`s and its good to go.....

Cool, Peter -- I'm sure Manny will be familiar with that --- I'll have to talk to him about it.

Cheers,
Colin

Here are the actual instructions for installation...Have to open up the head unit

http://www.coastaletech.com/media/Corvette 360 Lockpick new ipod model.pdf

Yeah looked thru that a little while ago -- seems fairly straightforward and doable but Manny would be better at it than me I'm sure.
I'll see what he says. If it's not gonna cost an arm and leg I'll go for it.

Yeah been doing a few mods -- trying to keep interested and up on the car so I don't get temped into something newer.
It's working: The more I spend on it the less I want to get rid of it.
It's the lesser (cheaper) of 2 evils :D

C.

Yeah a nice blower will do the trick.....I had a Paxton putting out 8.5 pounds of boost on my 88 Iroc back in the day and it was like night and day when hammering the accelerator :D....Awesome power

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.