Nov 5, 2018
Dalmeny
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
SK
I am planning to get the cam swapped on my LS6 and found this video very helpful in understanding the process. I was especially interested in how the cam can be swapped without removing the heads. I was concerned that the lifters would fall in but it seems that there are lifter trays that keep them in place. A special tool (but dowels may also work) is used to ensure they stay in place.

Last edited:
I am planning to get the cam swapped on my LS6 and found this video very helpful in understanding the process. I was especially interested in how the cam can be swapped without removing the heads. I was concerned that the lifters would fall in but it seems that there are lifter trays that keep them in place. A special tool (but dowels may also work) is used to ensure they stay in place.

Great Video. Thanks for posting. I have read about doing just that, but better to see it done.

Something that I didn't notice at first in the differences between the heads is that the old head has the exhaust valves next to each other in the middle cylinders. The LS head always has the exhaust valves next to an intake valve. I think this was done to spread out the heat from the exhaust.

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06