Featured Thread
Jan 30, 2017
ingersoll ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2017 corvette 3LT
We drove from Woodstock to Bowling Green and had a great trip to the Corvette museum. The only Ontario plate I saw after the border was another Corvette parked next to me when we left the museum.
055.JPG
055.JPG

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    670.6 KB · Views: 20
20160629_173537.jpg
20160629_140716.jpg
I was there last year and I was floored by the displays and detail put into the museum. Unfortunately I was there on blackout dates so the factory tours were closed. Instead I spent several days and cruised route 66 from Chicago to Tulsa, a must do if you are a car buff and dig history. I was not driving my Corvette, but a rental VW beetle convertible turbo. Lol! Fast little fun car and did awesome burnouts, haha

Last edited:
I was there with my son in 2000 and again in 2002. Great drive down and back from Calgary. Road trips with my son were awesome. We both loved the museum and plant and he got to start a new Corvette at the plant on both trips. I'm sure it has changed a lot and I'll need to go back with my wife some day.

I was there with my son in 2000 and again in 2002. Great drive down and back from Calgary. Road trips with my son were awesome. We both loved the museum and plant and he got to start a new Corvette at the plant on both trips. I'm sure it has changed a lot and I'll need to go back with my wife some day.

Good for you Bob, must have been a great trip and an awesome memory for you and your son. I would love to do that trip from Edmonton some day. How long did it take you one way? Any great hotels and memorable stops along the way?

It's been a while so I really don't remember hotels but We took a couple weeks for the return trips and changed our route for each trip. My son was 14 for the first trip and before we left I made sure he could drive my standard transmission Vette. Wife was happy with this as she worried we could get stranded If I got sick and he could drive. I did let him Drive around the parking lot at the Corvette plant in Bowling Green and he was thrilled with that experience. On one trip we went down through Montana, to Devil's Monument in Wyoming, Colorado Springs, Oklahoma City, and Memphis to Bowling Green for 5 days then worked our way back through St Louis, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota (Mt Rushmore) and Montana back to Canada. On another trip we touched Arkansas, northern Texas, Route 66 through New Mexico to Flagstaff AZ then Grand Canyon and north through Salt Lake City and I-15 to Canada. They were awesome trips but we were both very tired when we got home.

It's been a while so I really don't remember hotels but We took a couple weeks for the return trips and changed our route for each trip. My son was 14 for the first trip and before we left I made sure he could drive my standard transmission Vette. Wife was happy with this as she worried we could get stranded If I got sick and he could drive. I did let him Drive around the parking lot at the Corvette plant in Bowling Green and he was thrilled with that experience. On one trip we went down through Montana, to Devil's Monument in Wyoming, Colorado Springs, Oklahoma City, and Memphis to Bowling Green for 5 days then worked our way back through St Louis, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota (Mt Rushmore) and Montana back to Canada. On another trip we touched Arkansas, northern Texas, Route 66 through New Mexico to Flagstaff AZ then Grand Canyon and north through Salt Lake City and I-15 to Canada. They were awesome trips but we were both very tired when we got home.
Now that's going for a drive !!

Reactions: ddgermann
We drove from Woodstock to Bowling Green and had a great trip to the Corvette museum. The only Ontario plate I saw after the border was another Corvette parked next to me when we left the museum.View attachment 11811 View attachment 11811
RC: love the color of your car. I hope you received the best from the weather man for your trip?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.