May 24, 2015
VetteCoins
Car
1978 Corvette
hey guys,

I am in the process of putting the transmission crossmember back on but I am looking at it and it seems that there is 2 pieces of rubber that is between the crossmember and the transmission.

I don't see any bolts holes that a bolt goes from the crossmember thru those 2 rubbers and onto the transmission

I am looking at the diagram book and it shows differently

When I am looking at the crossmember it looks like it held only by the rubbers and that's the transmission is just sitting on it.

Looking at the picture I don't have the exhaust hanger..

Can someone take a picture of their crossmember for me?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I crawled partway under my 75 (had to try out my new creeper!) and got a pic of my setup - bear in mind I have a TH400, but the TH350 used in later years should be pretty similar. (Also found I have a rear output seal leak to add to the to-do list). It is similar to the pic you posted (which by the way is for a standard which may explain missing parts) in that there are two short bolts at the outer ends of the mount that thread up into the trans housing. There are also 2 bolts that thread into the base of the mount from inside the crossmember - on your pic these attach to the back of that bracket the mount is attaching to - not sure if TH350s use this bracket (TH400s don't) None of these bolts are immediately visible but you can see the access port in the crossmember in my pic. I found a Corvette parts book online and the illustration for a 75 was same as mine - unfortunately no illustration for anything newer. Hope this helps,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.