That would get expensive fairly fast.
I used Livingston (not the doctor) to ship company car back to Edmonton when I retired. They picked it up at the door and delivered in Edmonton. Was $1.5K one way three years ago. Not covered transport.
When I was looking at an Ottawa Vette it was $700 to get from Ottawa to here (approx three hours) on a flat bed tow truck. That was a round trip for them so a full day travel cost.
If you can, just drive it and sell it to the guy in Quebec. He can get a temp plate to have it safety inspected the following week. He would have to reserve his spot so the temp plate does not run out. You would have to figure out your own cost of lodging and travel back home.
Or if you figure the guy is not an idiot let him pick it up and drive it back with the Ontario plate and he can mail back to you.
Right now it is a bit riskier as the QC police are starting to check car to make sure no one is venturing too far from home because of CV-19

If you get a CAA premium membership, (the most expensive one) I think the cost of membership will far outweigh the cost of shipping, as the one way distance is included in your membership. It will travel on a float (flatbed) uncovered.

I used Livingston (not the doctor) to ship company car back to Edmonton when I retired. They picked it up at the door and delivered in Edmonton. Was $1.5K one way three years ago. Not covered transport.
When I was looking at an Ottawa Vette it was $700 to get from Ottawa to here (approx three hours) on a flat bed tow truck. That was a round trip for them so a full day travel cost.
If you can, just drive it and sell it to the guy in Quebec. He can get a temp plate to have it safety inspected the following week. He would have to reserve his spot so the temp plate does not run out. You would have to figure out your own cost of lodging and travel back home.
Or if you figure the guy is not an idiot let him pick it up and drive it back with the Ontario plate and he can mail back to you.
Right now it is a bit riskier as the QC police are starting to check car to make sure no one is venturing too far from home because of CV-19
Thanks for info, I've thought of the drive to Quebec route and also driving part of the way to Quebec and meeting in Ontario so he can pick up car and trailer home. He seems like a decent guy but I'm thinking best for me is not letting him drive it to Quebec.

You can contact Benoît Asselin transport, great equipment and an excellent customer service for a reasonable price!
514-267-4716

here is what I found out about shipping from GTA to Montreal.
1. CAA has a $3.00/km surcharge for each km above their free towing distance. For example if your CAA package includes 200 free kms and the distance is 600km then you would pay (600-200) 400x $3 = $1,200 + tax.
2. Pricing for the suggested transport companies were basically same price for enclosed trailer ($1,300.00 + tax) except TFX Sales was $950.00 + tax. The biggest issue with the transport companies was (1) how long it took for them to provide the quote and (2) when they would be able to do the haul.
3. One quote from Performance Auto Transport $350.00 + tax using an open car hauler
4. Uship is another alternative, you put in what your shipping, when you want to ship, type of carrier, from where and where to. Then you receive bids from interested carriers. One quote was $750 + tax with an enclosed trailer.
Thanks to everybody that gave me suggestions.

Reactions: Nik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.