Aug 1, 2013
alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2022 rapid blue
Province
AB
for me the passenger,
wanting to tag along to an event and take my own helmet(MAYBE THEY WILL THINK I AM ONE OF THEM 🤔 )

any specs they have helmets on sale at the local at quad motorcycle store

Don't know if the requirements are the same but to go on the drag strip I needed a helmet with SNELL 2005 rating.

for me the passenger,
wanting to tag along to an event and take my own helmet(MAYBE THEY WILL THINK I AM ONE OF THEM 🤔 )

any specs they have helmets on sale at the local at quad motorcycle store

Any motorcycle shop should have stock.
If you find what you like, put it on, tighten up the strap accordingly, and wear it FOR AT LEAST 10 MINUTES. If there are too many pressure points, try another one on.
Be sure to get assistance. An ill fitting lid can often be more dangerous than no lid at all.
If you find one you can wear for 10 minutes, buy it, or you can check online for the exact same model / size, and order it. Keep in mind......no 2 are alike, and the fit from the online purchase can be hit or miss.

Here's a couple that are hassle free:

fortnine.ca
royal disributing

p.s. make sure to test it on your head for several minutes!

Reactions: hemicat
Look for a Snell M2015. 2005 helmets are being phased out this year (some organization allow, while others will not). Generally SA helmets are only required for cars that have roll cages. DOT approved helmets won't get you too far at organized track events.

this is from Autocross Clinic book..... • Helmet that fits (snug is right) o Snell 2000 or newer (less than 10 years old)

sorry..just relooked the paperback was from 2009 so just put me on ignor :Banghead:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.