Jul 28, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1988 Corvette
Province
NS
As some may have seen on my 88 Vette thread, I just bought a Moates APU1 chip reprogrammer:

AutoProm Kit 5.jpg

That allows me to adjust nearly anything in the ECM.

Now, it's been a long time since I've done any "tuning" and even longer since messing with OBDI. So there's going to be a learning curve involved here.

But, if you live in Nova Scotia and want to do something simple like turn off your VATS or change the cooling fan engagement temps, I'm willing to offer that service.

Once I get a bit more experience tuning my 88, I'd be willing to offer a limited amount of engine tuning. I say limited because I don't have a full service shop or a dyno, so it's make a run and datalog, adjust and run/datalog, adjust again if necessary, etc etc.

Fees?

Meh, whatever. I wouldn't mind recouping a couple bucks here and there to help ofset the costs of the equipment, but I don't have any "rates" in mind. Prob something like 20 bucks to do the vats and fans. That type of thing. like I said, a couple bucks here and there is fine. I'm not in it for profit, just to help out the community and maybe help out my addition to working on cars.

I also have tunercatII, which can do OBDII cars, but I need vehicle definition files for each car in OBDII and those don't come cheap. A single VDF can be anywhere from 50-100 bucks. The tunercatII software and hardware was a cool grand, but I originally bought it to tune my 6.5 Turbo Diesel as it was one of the few tuning programs that will actually do the 6.5.

If you wanted to do and OBDII car, you'd have to buy the VDF for your vehicle. TunercatII is an "unlimited licence", so I can do as many cars as I want without paying extra fees (like you would with something like EFILive, where you buy "credits" per vehicle). I used to use Westers Garage for my VDF's, but you can also get some from the Tunercat website.

Last catch is I'm not much of a "traveler"anymore. You'd have to come to me. I'm in Annapolis Valley (Nova Scotia) just outside Kentville. I'm not really interested in "mail ordering" altered chips, there's too much to go wrong and I don't want to be responsible for someone's car not working right or breaking, so this is an "in person" type of deal.

To be clear, I'm not trying to sell something here, I might even do this stuff "no charge" since I had to buy the stuff for myself anyways.

Probably won't be doing anything until the spring arrives, so this is just more of a "public notice" right now.....

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.