MrByll

Casual User
You're 5
Apr 25, 2017
Innisfil
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette C5 2001
Hello gals and guys I recently purchased a set of Z 06 TI pipes for my standard it was a real interesting kijiji experience $450
Great condition great guy I purchased them from. Of course the first thing I wanted to do was polish the tips clean them up they came with bolts loosely attached to the flanges ,so when I got them they rattled around a lot.Once I took the bolts out I realized something was rattling around on the inside as well I was really concerned , thought I’d bought a blown out pair TI mufflers .After I put my shop vac on the intake side I ended up after shaking them upside down finding three pieces of the baffle assembly inside the muffler . The gentleman that I bought them from was kind enough to offer to buy them back for the purchase price straight up guy ,but I’d read in the American forms about rattling noises in TII mufflers so I thought what the hell I’m gonna throw them on anyways (I Will attach photos ) curiously enough after reading the American forums they said that a lot of the Zo6s sounded better after driving for a while .like I said I had them installed they sound great there’s no rattling love the sound especially with the windows down at full throttle . I think they may be a little louder anyways so far so good been on now for about 500 K no problems
Just thought I’d share this with you I don’t know if anybody else has experience this and if you do buy a pair grabbe
D51BC5DA-3722-4274-AC7F-2A5C20B20BE4.png
d him and shake him you might be surprised which is fine

Attachments

• 3DA37D92-82F9-46A0-9F5C-A83F506DFEB7.png
    3DA37D92-82F9-46A0-9F5C-A83F506DFEB7.png
    676 KB · Views: 27
The picture of the dissected muffler is from the American forms for reference and the screenshot was the American forum that I had posted to

I've heard the Ti mufflers sound fantastic, especially if you install headers, and they are light! Great purchase. Very nice that they could modify themselves to sound better for free! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.