Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Hi all. Well, as I delve deeper in to my research on whether or not to purchase a 2015 Vette, I was wondering if you folks are aware of any common problems with this line. The reason I ask is because I was reading a review about the 2015, and at the end, users posted their comments. Most had great reviews, but some said that the cabin was noisy, the Targa top rattled, etc. There was another guy that had his tranny replaced along with something else that was major (I forget what the second thing was), but he stated that they were "known" for these issues. That statement got me worrying about my possible purchase. Any thoughts, my fellow Canucks?

Hi all. Well, as I delve deeper in to my research on whether or not to purchase a 2015 Vette, I was wondering if you folks are aware of any common problems with this line. The reason I ask is because I was reading a review about the 2015, and at the end, users posted their comments. Most had great reviews, but some said that the cabin was noisy, the Targa top rattled, etc. There was another guy that had his tranny replaced along with something else that was major (I forget what the second thing was), but he stated that they were "known" for these issues. That statement got me worrying about my possible purchase. Any thoughts, my fellow Canucks?
Cabin is quieter than my C6 was. I don't find it noisy. Quieter than my diesel truck but louder than my honey's MKX Lincoln. My targa does not creak at all. My C6 did but it' was an an easy fix with a couple dabs of dielectric grease if it does. Haven't heard any tranny grief from our members other than the third gear bump of the automatics (and that doesn't appear to be much of an actual problem). If you search long enough, you can find any complaint you want... Especially if you are surfing some other forums where you never know what somebody will say. We have a big bunch of C7 owners here on this forum and you won't find many (if any) that regret their purchases.
Further to your other request Dale, I'm pretty sure you will get lots of response from northern members who will be happy to meet up for a show and tell. If by chance you don't, slip down towards Red Deer and meet up with me.

Reactions: LE BARON
Cabin is quieter than my C6 was. I don't find it noisy. Quieter than my diesel truck but louder than my honey's MKX Lincoln. My targa does not creak at all. My C6 did but it' was an an easy fix with a couple dabs of dielectric grease if it does. Haven't heard any tranny grief from our members other than the third gear bump of the automatics (and that doesn't appear to be much of an actual problem). If you search long enough, you can find any complaint you want... Especially if you are surfing some other forums where you never know what somebody will say. We have a big bunch of C7 owners here on this forum and you won't find many (if any) that regret their purchases.
Further to your other request Dale, I'm pretty sure you will get lots of response from northern members who will be happy to meet up for a show and tell. If by chance you don't, slip down towards Red Deer and meet up with me.

Well, thanks for the offer, I just might take you up on that!!

Yes there is some tire noise inside due to the XP Michelin’s but the awesome 3LZ stereo hides that well.
Only problem on my 3 manual Z06s; 2103 C6 and 2 C7s 2015 and 2017 has been controlling the sh*t eating grin stuck on my mug.
Otherwise excellent and not boring cars that are really incredibly reliable, backed with a great warranty, and so fun to drive.
If you are concerned. Buy a car with warranty left on it. That’s what I did before I bought my last one. Which was new.

There is a lot of road noise. Some guys put extra sound deadening under their interior trim/carpets to reduce it - I don't really mind it. The early models had some issue with the top creaking. They changed the pin design at some point to fix it - not sure exactly when. My top (2017) almost never creaks. Many find the factory alignment is too aggressive, and they wear out the inside of their tires - but that's easily fixed if required for your driving style. I haven't following the auto transmission concerns closely, but there do seem to be lots of people that have issues with them - although as said, 'lots' of people can still be a small percentage. From my perspective they are generally reliable cars.

I'm on my second C7 and both have been awesome. If you have concerns find out if there is warranty left on that car or consider having Wheaton include a GM extended warranty. One other avenue you might want to consider is a new 2019 model. There are LOTS of them on the lots all across Alberta (and Canada) and dealers are getting aggressive at moving them out. Here are a couple examples and there are many more if you search dealer new inventory
$12,000 more gets you new 2 LT 2019 Chevrolet Corvette for sale at Northgate Chevrolet Buick GMC Edmonton AB
$20,000 more gets you the awesome Grand Sport 2019 Chevrolet Corvette for sale at Jack Carter Chevrolet Buick GMC Corvette Calgary AB

Reactions: LE BARON
It is a sports car: mine is a vert - never drive with top up - so, obviously noisy. My 4 th corvette - this C7 is awesome and I have had no problems. Even the 911 is not the quietest car to drive. If you want comfort and a quiet environment, buy a caddy - the new bi turbo one!

Reactions: ddgermann

Yes there is some tire noise inside due to the XP Michelin’s but the awesome 3LZ stereo hides that well.
Only problem on my 3 manual Z06s; 2103 C6 and 2 C7s 2015 and 2017 has been controlling the sh*t eating grin stuck on my mug.
Otherwise excellent and not boring cars that are really incredibly reliable, backed with a great warranty, and so fun to drive.
If you are concerned. Buy a car with warranty left on it. That’s what I did before I bought my last one. Which was new.

The rear and behind the seat sound deadening does really work when the car is closed up.

The rear and behind the seat sound deadening does really work when the car is closed up.

I couldn’t care less about tire noise... which is only significant on poorer roads anyway. I did not buy the car for a Cadillac experience. Have a Cadillac for that. I also can’t imagine castrating my car’s performance window with tires “that are quieter”. The stereo actually does drown out any tire noise so I’m good.
And with the top off all bets are off. 😂

The sound deadening products are likely real good but I’m just not interested in it. Fantastic for guys who are looking for the quieter ride.

If you want road noise come for a ride in my H1 Hummer... between the 40” tires and the drive line the stereo is pumping hard to overcome that. Haha.

Enjoy your discussions gents. 👍

Running my 2016 Vert and just passed 37thou K after the trip down to Bowling Green. Met up with Doug from Calgary at the dinner by the way.
Still on the original run flats. New ones have 9/32 depth; mine were at 6/32 before the trip; wear bar is at 3/32 depth. So for 37thou K for run flat sport tires I am happily surprised. Guy from Kingston group had more mileage than I do and is still running them.
If you buy a Vette then expect some beautiful noise. Nothing that is loud unless you change out the exhaust and even then it depends on what you want and what you do with the car. I like to cruise and am quite happy with it. Can hear the radio easily even with the top down.
NO issues to date. Couldn't be happier. As Derek said, the biggest problem you will have is wiping the s**t faced grin off you face after a run.
Did the 5000 run to MITM last year and now just shy of 4000K to BG and back. No sore legs and no sore ass.
Try to get a higher end model with more of the bells and whistles. It is a bit more fun.
Seat memory; front and rear cameras; GPS; Mag ride (see if the suspension was upgraded)
Nice to have the NPP (dual mode) exhaust option. It is all that is missing on mine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.