I've heard that one dealership that imported tons of US Z06 models might be getting way less of an allocation for next year ( 2016 )

Heard this from a customer who bought a Corvette from them.

Brian

You have to love GM. They don't give the dealer nearly enough allocations. He's part of a group that allows them, within the GM rules to bring cars in. So instead of saying "Hey these guys could sell a ton more cars if we allocate more units to them, and Canada" They give them less. How laughable is this. He owns a franchise and the manufacturer doesn't give him the product to sell. When he does what he needs to do within the framework he loses even more revenue...and they sell less cars. Seems logical.

You make the hottest car you have produced in ten years and send approximately 2/3 of one production day to an entire country that you share a border with?...A country who helped you with tax breaks, bailout loans and owned 12% stock in GM Canada. Not so much griping for me but for all those I know waiting in line for a car. We here in the forums are only the more hardcore aficionados. There are ton of casual buyers not on our forum who are not thrilled. Dealers are having walkins ask to buy the car on the lot or showroom floor, to be told sorry. Every car they see on the lot after a delivery that they ask about is sold. Some customers are actually getting angry thinking dealers are playing or lying to them. As the response is " well we can put you on a list", " We don't know how many we will be getting", "you have to order one and wait 10-12 mos" or, "we don't have any to sell you until 2017 or so". If you weren't an educated Corvette head what would your response be to the above? Would you be buying a Corvette or be putting money down on another car?....Both good questions.

Reactions: Ntmd8r
Does anyone know the actual number of Z's for Canada and the split between coupe and convertible?

No hard number that I'm aware of but one can extrapolate based on the numbers we have. Canada received between 42 and 53 Z06's for the 2015 model year. Twenty percent of gross production numbers were convertibles. So basically there are likely 8-10 units in Canada. I have seen 2 units in person. A LB vert and a velocity yellow. I have seen a photo or two about the forums of Canadian verts as well.Don't remember how many for sure though. Not sure how many are Z07 optioned units but based on the numbers/percentages given at "The Bash" it should be 3-4 cars depending on the number of units, 42 or 53.

Any updates from anyone on Canadian Allocations, I am looking for an Ontario dealer who can get me a 2016 Z06.

Thanks for any feedback.

Matt

I previously posted that my dealer in Quebec City received a guaranteed allocation, this being told to me by both the dealer and District GM Rep when I took possession of my car.

@ C7Jack: It helps if you can also share your sources. Otherwise other members start to wonder if you just "know a guy"... You remind me of another member here C7Jake who always seemed to know the inside scoop but wouldn't share his sources.

having said that the numbers you provided are crrect.

The source is Corvette Museum and the released document can be found here:

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/specs/2015/2015CorvetteFINALYearEndHWC.pdf

Usually a new batch of allocations is released in Jan-Feb. As far as I know so far around 150 Z06 orders have been submitted to GM of which I expect about 50 to get delivered before the end of the year.

At Leggat Chev we took delivery of our first 2016 Z06 today. Its a sold unit.

Pics attached.

WP_20150722_12_05_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20150722_12_17_27_Pro.jpg
WP_20150722_12_05_29_Pro.jpg
WP_20150722_12_16_33_Pro.jpg
WP_20150722_12_17_15_Pro.jpg

Reactions: 12cents
I am excited just hoping the CAD dollar does not change the price soon. As ALLFLASH has said, "It ain't a sure thing until your sitting in it !", but feeling good about the move from the other dealer who strung me along for a year to a new dealer who got me a TPW in less than 1 week.

Cheers.

Matt

I am excited just hoping the CAD dollar does not change the price soon. As ALLFLASH has said, "It ain't a sure thing until your sitting in it !", but feeling good about the move from the other dealer who strung me along for a year to a new dealer who got me a TPW in less than 1 week.

Cheers.

Matt

You're price is secure from the day that order number was drawn, even if the price wasn't publicly listed yet, which would mean that it ios set at the first published price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.