MD501

Casual User
Feb 10, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2019 corvette Z06
Province
AB
Anyone running the complete front apsis splash guard? or is there a similar product out there? really pricey but looks great.

Anyone running the complete front apsis splash guard? or is there a similar product out there? really pricey but looks great.

Yes I had them on my 15Z along with the CF side skirts before I picked it up. Apsis has a core charge so be prepared for that nonsense. They are pricey but look, fit, and really work well protecting the car from the debris coming off the sticky front tires. These were supposed to be put on my 17 as well but there was a screw up in the ordering and I ended up with the normal shaped ones.

They tie in really well with the Apsis side skirts. Should be the same good fit against the factory side skirts. Highly recommend them.

Here they are installed on my 15.

IMG_4969.jpeg

IMG_4971.jpeg

IMG_5008.jpeg

Nice ride! So good fit too? I struggle how the stock splash guard and the added one both taper in. I was quoted like 1300 US so I'm struggling with that idea.

Reactions: ccltj
Nice ride! So good fit too? I struggle how the stock splash guard and the added one both taper in. I was quoted like 1300 US so I'm struggling with that idea.

Thanks...my 17Z is way nicer though.

Yes, the fit is really good. Apsis has a good reputation on their CF overlayed parts for fit and finish. The only pieces they sell that I've seen complaints on is the hood heat extractor. Some complaints that they delaminate. Not a problem for me though as my extractor is 100% CF and not from Apsis. I would not have an issue buying any of their parts. But yes they are pricey. You will find there is a mix and match game with carbon fibre pieces for the car. Both with vendors and specific pieces. I recommend you do a lot of reading and research on the different components and vendors before you lay out the $. This can save you some money and likely get you happy the first time. I have purchased some pieces up to 3 times to find the one that passed the test for fit, finish and quality. Plus knowing the different applications is good to know as well. As some are just OEM parts with a carbon fibre overlay. Others true 100% carbon fibre (normally way more expensive...but not always so be careful).

Have fun :thumbs:

Reactions: ccltj and MD501
thanks for your input.....much appreciated. Def slamming some xpel on before I hit the spring time roads here...

Sure thing, Glad to help.

What I recommend you do is go to a few dealerships and look at the used widebody C7s. You will see a common pattern in the places that get marked up as they all have the same tires. The Pilot Super Sport tires throw just as much crap as the Sport Cup 2s so know that going in.
The 'Highway" package is a good place to start with Xpel but I would definitely either get the entire hood done or not at all next time. The line of the wrap across the hood bugs me every time I look at it. Plus adding some on your front splitter and side skirts is a good plan too. The rear quarters are a must for me as well. Really widens the protection from the little piece they put on for the "highway" package.

This a very personal kind of thing as we all have different priorities and roads we predominantly drive on.
But yes I fully agree it best to do asap. Paint correction before Xpel is... well it sucks.

I agree......I have full front end full hood, full front fenders, side skirts doors full rear quarters and windshield pillars. small price to pay than they to touch up they Ceramic matrix grey!!

Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
Yes I had them on my 15Z along with the CF side skirts before I picked it up. Apsis has a core charge so be prepared for that nonsense. They are pricey but look, fit, and really work well protecting the car from the debris coming off the sticky front tires. These were supposed to be put on my 17 as well but there was a screw up in the ordering and I ended up with the normal shaped ones.

They tie in really well with the Apsis side skirts. Should be the same good fit against the factory side skirts. Highly recommend them.

Here they are installed on my 15.

View attachment 23664
View attachment 23666
View attachment 23667
Nice car. Stock height?

so I bit the bullet and got a set. how was your installation? everything went well except the drivers side. the fit was horrible.....like it came from a totally different mold. awaiting a replacement this week. aside from the bs with the one guard love the look of them.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.