In my pursuit to figure out how the light sensor works on the C7 Corvettes I need to purchase some electronic IC and chips so I can power up the sensor in the house to measure voltages and stuff.

If there are people here that are electronically competent is there a place in Toronto/Mississauga where I can find IC's and resisters and stuff? Radio Shack when we had them in Canada had these items but they are gone.

What I need is a IC7805, breadboard, 9v battery clip. If you know a place that has these available let me know. Thanks.

Tony

Tony, I thought that Radio Shack become The Source (they seemed to have a lot of small electronic bits and pieces), we have one of them in our small town. Maybe look on line but if not I would be willing to have a look next time I am in town.

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
In my pursuit to figure out how the light sensor works on the C7 Corvettes I need to purchase some electronic IC and chips so I can power up the sensor in the house to measure voltages and stuff.

If there are people here that are electronically competent is there a place in Toronto/Mississauga where I can find IC's and resisters and stuff? Radio Shack when we had them in Canada had these items but they are gone.

What I need is a IC7805, breadboard, 9v battery clip. If you know a place that has these available let me know. Thanks.

Tony
You can try Newark, Digikey or Mouser.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I found them on Mouser, which has an office in Kitchener but they don't stock stuff there and all their orders come from Texas and they charge $20 to ship if you don't spend $100. What I'm looking for cost like $8 total and I'm not spending $20 to ship.

Amazon also has stuff but again if I don't pay for shipping I'm buying 10 IC7805's for free shipping. I don't need 10 of them, maybe 3 or 4 in case I fry a few. :oops:

The last time I was in a "The Source" they don't carry any of those little bits of electronic stuff, I'll check online.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Not sure, that would be beyond my scope of dabbling in electronic circuits, even if there is a photo diode that will constantly generate the voltage I need to keep the hdlts off incorporating it onto the circuit board that sits in that dome thing you see on your dash would be interesting to say the least.

In case some of you here didn't see my YT video over on the C7 section, here is what I mocked up on the board after I got those bits:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.