Jan 25, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
16’ Stingray
Province
ON
I’m in Ontario, and looking to buy a 63’ Split Window anywhere in Canada.
Looking for a project needing total restoration, or a driver, please message me if you have one leave me your phone number thank you

A buddy of mine bought his older Corvette from these people and was happy with it. It had come from a collector and very little miles on it. Lots of times they take in an unrestored car and then restored it but I think they do sell cars before they restore them. You could inquire to them and see what happens. Occasionally I go on here and drool. I know for a fact that older cars will only go up in value while new cars drop like a lead ballon in value. 1963 Corvette split window has always been my favourite. Classic cars, Muscle cars and Vintage cars for sale - Legendary Motorcar

There was a 63 split window on auto trader a few weeks ago but is gone now. Was advertised for $175,000.00. Was already restored.

if you’re looking for one thats “cheap”, good luck. That will have to be a lucky “yeah, uncle fred has one he’s had in his barn for 40 years” word of mouth find.

any 63 split window you find out there is either going to be a lucky strike barn find forgotten one or a restored one. There’s normally nothing in between those two conditions because people know that the 63 split is one of the rarest, most valuable early vettes.

“Driver” condition just really doesn’t happen in 63 splits, unless someone has one thats just a total wreck and not worth restoring.

You would probably have better luck finding one in the states (based on absolute numbers sold) and importing it. You would have a better chance of finding one south of 49 that isn’t showroom quality, but atill not a basket case...

if you’re looking for one thats “cheap”, good luck. That will have to be a lucky “yeah, uncle fred has one he’s had in his barn for 40 years” word of mouth find.

any 63 split window you find out there is either going to be a lucky strike barn find forgotten one or a restored one. There’s normally nothing in between those two conditions because people know that the 63 split is one of the rarest, most valuable early vettes.

“Driver” condition just really doesn’t happen in 63 splits, unless someone has one thats just a total wreck and not worth restoring.

You would probably have better luck finding one in the states (based on absolute numbers sold) and importing it. You would have a better chance of finding one south of 49 that isn’t showroom quality, but atill not a basket case...
Thats very true. Once you get into the 64' and 5's and 6's and 7's the prices drop a lot.

Better chance of finding what you're looking for in the US. The 40% exchange rate may be a deterrence. There are a few in Canada, not many though. Good luck. They are gorgeous cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread