Black Vettes Matter
Regular
Dec 6, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z51 Owner
Province
MB
I upgraded my head unit last year, my car has Bose and it looks a lot more is involved than plug and play for the door speakers. Mine aren't blown so it'll skip that. Aside from the very expensive JL Stealthbox, i was considering going with a slim "powered box" that would fit under the targa or maybe squeeze something in elsewhere. Lots of options out there, wanted to see if anyone had a recommendation.

Installed a powered 8" sub behind the waterfall in my convertible. Works well. I would suggest sound deadening your doors as it helps fill out the low frequencies from your door woofers as well. Also sound deaden the interior. Just a bit time consuming but does wonders for road noise and sound quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed a powered 8" sub behind the waterfall in my convertible. Works well. I would suggest sound deadening your doors as it helps fill out the low frequencies from your door woofers as well. Also sound deaden the interior. Just a bit time consuming but does wonders for road noise and sound quality.
Any pics?

@Canuck204, Sorry wasn’t on yesterday. Here’s a couple of pics. One from the inside and one from under the tonneau cover. Not sure if you have a convertible or a coupe.

Attachments

• 932BE169-A65C-4A40-8162-A3786D09C365.jpeg
    932BE169-A65C-4A40-8162-A3786D09C365.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • 7CA7F249-9778-46C3-8C5E-5D7ECC3EA7B0.jpeg
    7CA7F249-9778-46C3-8C5E-5D7ECC3EA7B0.jpeg
    497.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
@Canuck204, Sorry wasn’t on yesterday. Here’s a couple of pics. One from the inside and one from under the tonneau cover. Not sure if you have a convertible or a coupe.
I have a coupe, do you have Bose also? I guess I'll let the factory amp run the stock speakers and have the powered unit run itself. I've read on the mericans forums pulling the center dash speakers really helps with output too.

Yes, Bose. I tried just covering the center speakers and didn't see enough of a difference to risk breaking the grill to disconnect it. the Bose amps work ok but you can't change out the speakers because they are 2 Ohm. the backs really don't add much so you can route those to the sub to be used as the line in if you don't want to run form the head unit. Still have to run power from battery and switched power from unit so I took out center console to run all wiring. If you are upgrading stereo you will need the OE2BOSE Pac unit to matchup all the wiring between the unit and the Bose system.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.