Sustain26

Casual User
Jun 17, 2017
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2011 Z06
Anyone plugging a battery maintainer into the cigarette lighter?

I have a 2011 Z06 in winter storage in an unheated garage. Also concerned about the radiator coolant. What is the factory rating
for low temps?

I have a 2011 Z06 in winter storage in an unheated garage. Also concerned about the radiator coolant. What is the factory rating
for low temps?

Make sure your cigarette lighter socket is wired to work even when the key is not on. Most lately are not and an accessory socket (if you have one) must be used. 60 to 70% coolant to water water to antifreeze mix will give you about -37 degree protection. I use 50/50 in my cold parking shops cause it can get colder here. My Vette is warm year round so I don't worry so much.

OOps.... said that backwards. revised accordingly.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Do cars even come with the actual lighter heating element anymore?
When I bought my ‘03 Jeff Gordon Monte Carlo SS it came fully loaded...
Except for one option....the cigarette option consisted of a lighter to fit in the accessory ‘power port’ and an ashtray that fit in the cup holder.

Graham

Direct from GM in 2018.
937543C5-1E56-44EF-9EAE-8D68E9F78B76.jpeg

Smoker's Package in Black | Chevrolet Accessories

Don't know about anything below the C7.
The only place to plug the battery tender on the C7 is the accessory plug in the trunk. It is the only one that stays "live" when the engine is shut off. The accessory plug in the cockpit does not stay "live".
Says so right in the manual.

I prefer to hook my maintainers directly to the batteries. I'm always nervous of running it through the car's electrical system first, especially the new, complicated stuff. It may be perfectly OK to do it that way but I prefer to keep it simple. That's just me.

Reactions: dannyboy

for low temps?
Not an isse..make sure lighter is always on when car is parked

for low temps?
Not an isse..make sure lighter is always on when car is parked

for low temps?

You likely have already sorted this but here is what the OM says for the C7 Z06.
Someone here will have the info out of the C6 manual as well. Do you not have an OM?
Anyway... Happy holidays. 😁
127D5FA4-6055-47EB-8073-457C62739AB3.jpeg

Reactions: YFCvii
Great to know .... but a WARNING ...
if you must test the water for being "drinkable",
do that BEFORE mixing in the DEX-COOL ... :Smuggrin:
View attachment 22438

Personally I use nothing but distilled water if at all possible to keep minerals that will deposit in the system out of the equation.
But have used ditch water 💧 back in the day when needed as everything I drove was someone’s miled out beater. 😂

Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.