Sep 10, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette HTC
Province
ON
Torch Red 1LZ Z06 coupe ordered for stock and will be available in the next two weeks if anyone is interested. Ordered this way to minimize the luxury tax. Reach out to me if you would like more information as the vehicle is built!
**UPDATE** THE CAR SOLD THE NEXT DAY AFTER ARRIVING AT THE DEALERSHIP.

Last edited:
Never understood the point of "saving luxury tax" on a 167k car. At 167k its roughly 13k luxury tax verus 17-20k for a 185-200k build. If someone is willing to spend 170k on a car and is worried about adding additional options just to save 4-7k in taxes they should reevaluate whether they can even afford the vehicle to begin with.

I think you are wrong C82NV.
Here’s some quick math:
$7k extra in luxury tax = $7000 x 1.13 (HST is added) = $7910.00
If you are in the highest tax bracket, or close as you can afford a $150+ car, you have to earn north of $16k to pay that extra luxury tax alone.
That is why someone might opt out of some options.

The point is the luxury tax is a total grab and Bullsh*t.

I think you are wrong C82NV.
Here’s some quick math:
$7k extra in luxury tax = $7000 x 1.13 (HST is added) = $7910.00
If you are in the highest tax bracket, or close as you can afford a $150+ car, you have to earn north of $16k to pay that extra luxury tax alone.
That is why someone might opt out of some options.

The point is the luxury tax is a total grab and Bullsh*t.

I didn’t factor provincial taxes as that’s different depending on location but from $7000 to $7900 with HST like your saying it still doesn’t seem logical to forgive someone’s dream car/options on a $160,000 car. If they are doing that they probably should not be buying such an expensive vehicle to begin with or step down to a Stingray or other cheaper vehicles. I think 5-10% of Z06s built in Canada are 1LT

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
I didn’t factor provincial taxes as that’s different depending on location but from $7000 to $7900 with HST like your saying it still doesn’t seem logical to forgive someone’s dream car/options on a $160,000 car. If they are doing that they probably should not be buying such an expensive vehicle to begin with or step down to a Stingray or other cheaper vehicles. I think 5-10% of Z06s built in Canada are 1LT
I disagree with your logic. 1. Buying a base Z06/E-Ray is better/more fun than buying a fully loaded Stingray same as buying a base stingray is better than buying a fully loaded mustang. 2. I think you misunderstand how guys with money think, it’s not “once in a life time dream car” is more like “one for my toys for now, until something better comes along” 3. Everyone will have their own logic to spending $160k, but most Eray/z06 builds come out to 200k-225k so guys with money have a dilemma: do I buy two 100k toys or one 200k toy?

I disagree with your logic. 1. Buying a base Z06/E-Ray is better/more fun than buying a fully loaded Stingray same as buying a base stingray is better than buying a fully loaded mustang. 2. I think you misunderstand how guys with money think, it’s not “once in a life time dream car” is more like “one for my toys for now, until something better comes along” 3. Everyone will have their own logic to spending $160k, but most Eray/z06 builds come out to 200k-225k so guys with money have a dilemma: do I buy two 100k toys or one 200k toy?
I agree with you Denis, not a dream car but a car for now. The reason I decided to get a Z06 is the engine and the emotion that it hopefully will provide, I want it to give me that special feeling when I’m behind the wheel. Personally I’d rather have a Z06 1LZ than a Stingray 3LT loaded with all the options.