Sadie

Casual User
Feb 3, 2019
VetteCoins
I bought a 2013 C6, did a CARFAX on it and called the dealer to get a list of repairs. He said they did a UBC? Maybe it was UPC. I asked what that was and he didn’t know!

Can anyone shed some light on this mystery?

It's a mystery other than to the source.
Might depend on where you discovered it ... on the Carfax or the Dealer inquiry.
If Carfax, it should be industry known and something to find out about.
If the Dealer, it could be anything like simply an Under Body Clean or a Check and
the acronym can go anywhere from that ... but who the heck would know :Shrug2:
(so I am hoping this was not a Carfax item for you - and just a servicing whatnot)

Last edited:
The more I look into this, the more it looks like I may have fluked onto the right answer... Universal product codes have been used on vehicles for sometime now for tracking purposes. Sounds like Toyota were one of the first back about 25 years ago.... I'd still be curious if that is what it stands for in this instance though....

I bought a 2013 C6, did a CARFAX on it and called the dealer to get a list of repairs. He said they did a UBC? Maybe it was UPC. I asked what that was and he didn’t know!

Can anyone shed some light on this mystery?
Stay away from that dealer. He can even tell you what they did on the car -- but I am sure they charged for it.

It's actually UBEC (Underhood Bussed Electrical Center) or the fuse box in the engine compartment for us mere mortals. They did the low beam headlight recall and added a ground wire to bypass the broken ground groud grid wire.

Attachments

• Corvette low beam headlight recall bulletin #13146_Dec 2014.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Was there not a recall for that wire. They did something on ours shortly after we bought it. That was seven years ago and my recall doesn't reach back that far in most cases.
There was and still is a recall. It doesn't matter what year because all C6's had the same issue with the ground bus wire breaking at the sharp turns and when the heat expanded the wire, the low beam headlight would go out.
It did not happen to my car, thus I did not get the recall completed, but I will if it does. They just add a jumper. Anyone can DIY it as well. That is what I will do if it breaks on my car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.