Feb 15, 2012
Wellesley,ON
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Hey all, this thread mostly applies to those who are in the KW and surrounding area. Grand Bend Motorplex holds lapping evenings on Thursday nights. It's a great way to learn your car and have some fun. The price is reasonable as well. The schedule hasn't been released for the upcoming season as far as I know. I'll update this thread as I get more details.

Anyone who isn't in this area, feel free to post pics and/or vids of your lapping experiences at your local track. It's great for motivation during the winter months.

A real long haul for me but maybe worth an overnight trip to watch. Interesting how these courses seem to be taking off and frankly it is good to see. Take some of the nonsense off the roads with people learning proper handling and limits.

Please keep us informed if this is a go for any of you. Thanks guys.:thumbs:

A real long haul for me but maybe worth an overnight trip to watch. Interesting how these courses seem to be taking off and frankly it is good to see. Take some of the nonsense off the roads with people learning proper handling and limits.

Please keep us informed if this is a go for any of you. Thanks guys.:thumbs:

These are great posts guys. TMP is a bit if a drive for me, but not by much so I may have to try it out. I've only dragged race there years ago, but I have never done their road coarse. I've watched people race it, but never done it myself.
The more information for things like this the better. It's a great way to learn your car and if it's with CCF members then it's a great way to meet new people.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
These are great posts guys. TMP is a bit if a drive for me, but not by much so I may have to try it out. I've only dragged race there years ago, but I have never done their road coarse. I've watched people race it, but never done it myself.
The more information for things like this the better. It's a great way to learn your car and if it's with CCF members then it's a great way to meet new people.

Cayuga is superb for their winter driving events (assuming they still do them). Never had so much fun for less than $100. It's also a great track for beginners and those getting back into the game or doing some fine tuning. Lots of runoff space, only one wall, and relatively low speed, safe place and usually pretty cheap compared to the big tracks.

Reactions: LSXtasy
Cayuga is superb for their winter driving events (assuming they still do them). Never had so much fun for less than $100. It's also a great track for beginners and those getting back into the game or doing some fine tuning. Lots of runoff space, only one wall, and relatively low speed, safe place and usually pretty cheap compared to the big tracks.

Thanks Nik! I don't have a suitable winter car. I hardly doubt my Hyundai Sonata will cut it in the track. I am interested in summer events. Keep.me posted.

Thanks Nik! I don't have a suitable winter car. I hardly doubt my Hyundai Sonata will cut it in the track. I am interested in summer events. Keep.me posted.

Actually the winter ones have a mix of winter beaters and the odd nice car so all metal is welcome. Hint: the front wheel drive grocery cars do best.

I'll do up a little must attend calendar soon as I have more info.

Reactions: LSXtasy
Actually the winter ones have a mix of winter beaters and the odd nice car so all metal is welcome. Hint: the front wheel drive grocery cars do best.

I'll do up a little must attend calendar soon as I have more info.

I might have to try this out so I don't go so crazy over winter.
Great. Now I'll have two vehicles to track prep.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.