Mar 10, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2012 C6
Province
BC
Hi guys.

I'm considering getting the muffler-free hooker Blackheart catback.

I have a 2012, so 4x cats, and would like a bit more of an aggressive exhaust note. Not looking into headers yet, but currently running a quiet borla.. maybe touring, not sure.

Just wondering if anyone has one in the lower mainland, I'd like to hear it! (Or Corsa extremes I suppose).

Thanks

Why would you want to spoil a great regular sounding car and wind up using earplugs for every ride over 15 minutes.

My C6 2012 has a Borla cat back and sounds great.

I have the hooker black hawks wakes up the car when you want and mellows out when your not on the gas. I love it. The crackling sound you get at times only is when your coming down in speed and off the gas pedal. Many many people stop me at traffic fights and state they live the sound. Live in North Toronto waiting on the car shows to start but we just entered into another lock down. Buy them you will not be disappointed. Just my thoughts and yes everyone has their preferred exhaust sound.

Reactions: Creedence85
I missed your post earlier but I have the Hooker Blackheart cat back system with mufflers and I think it sounds great! I would imagine the non muffler system would be pretty loud considering how loud the Billy Boat Bullet and straight pipe setups are, so if you want "a bit more aggressive exhaust note" I would recommend the muffler system. I don't think you'll be dissapointed in volume unless you really want it to bark.

The marketing copy says "deep muscle car tone" which I'd definitely agree with. What I like about it is I find the LS to have a weird sound than other V8s (I think it's the firing order) but this has a deepness and spacing between the pulses that seems to fix that to my ears. It has straight through muffler sound, not the more hollow metalic sound like a Flowmaster and some other chambered mufflers. It's the best of both worlds in that it has a deep tone at idle and low RPM, gets a nice higher pitched growl as the RPMs go up, but it doesn't drone, it doesn't get progressively louder or harsher, the pitch just changes, so you feel like you can have fun without ruining everyone's day or your ears, can still easily talk to a passenger, or listen to the stereo.

I have a couple videos which aren't that great, but give you an idea.

Urban driving so I don't get on it too hard, but at 1:40 I cruise at 60 km/h in 5th, 4th, and 3rd gear, at 3:00 I get on it a little bit more, at 3:40 I roll down the windows for downshifts, and finally at 5:10 I get on it a little bit more again.

Last edited:
Reactions: tubingchamp
Sorry, don't have a vid of the Corsa Sport on my C6 but would say that it has a little deeper tone rumble at idle and a little more aggressive tone and bark when you get hard on the go pedal than the Blackheart. Corsa's website has some C6 sound clips if you haven't already surfed through them.

Why would you want to spoil a great regular sounding car and wind up using earplugs for every ride over 15 minutes.

My C6 2012 has a Borla cat back and sounds great.
The older I get the quieter I used to like it, until my new C8 with headers and cat-backs…WOW!!! It’ll do quiet for touring and raucous when in the mood (which is often). I guess it is each to their own. Cheers!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread