Sep 21, 2022
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8 Convertible
Province
ON
I’m thinking about getting the Corsa cat back on mine. The one with the mufflers, not the extreme version.

Just looking for any info from anyone that may have it on their car? How it sounds? How bad cold starts are etc?

I do have the full z51 package with the NPP exhaust etc.

Youll probably get more information on the other forum since this isnt Canada specifc. The TLDR is that its quite a bit louder, but IIRC sometimes drones especially if running at the loudest setting.

Im also strongly considering this, but will probably wait until after warranty expires given the issues with the DCT blowing up.

Which vendor are you considering and what price are you getting for shipped to Sauga?

Youll probably get more information on the other forum since this isnt Canada specifc. The TLDR is that its quite a bit louder, but IIRC sometimes drones especially if running at the loudest setting.

Im also strongly considering this, but will probably wait until after warranty expires given the issues with the DCT blowing up.

Which vendor are you considering and what price are you getting for shipped to Sauga?
mine is at the dealership getting a new transmission. It fell Ill to the DCT issue. :(

My condolences... at least it happened within the 3 year warranty period.

So despite this experience, you still want to risk it and go for an aftermarket exhaust? I'd only do visual-only changes like tires, additional aero, etc.
"Visual-only changes like tires"? tires are the most important performance part on any car as they are the only thing that transfer power to the ground, stop the car and make it turn. Also, Corvettes already come with the best tires on the market.

"Visual-only changes like tires"? tires are the most important performance part on any car as they are the only thing that transfer power to the ground, stop the car and make it turn. Also, Corvettes already come with the best tires on the market.
Perhaps he meant rims or wheels instead of the actual tires?

Meant rims...

The exhaust plays no part on the DCT. Heck, you can actually buy the Borla right from GM and they will install it. I will be getting the dealership to install the exhaust.
These exhaust systems claim to boost horsepower. And they probably give some small gains like 5-10HP, or up to whatever the supplier claims. GM could turn around and say this voids your warranty since youre operating above the original power level. I wouldnt take my chances on something that has such a high failure rate, on such an expensive fix. Unless you get it in writing from dealership/GM that this wont void your warranty (I dont think they will do this).

The GM approved one from Borla is not much louder than NPP exhaust. And they charge you a hefty premium for it. Big pass for me. Id rather wait a few years and get the Corsa Xtreme after my powertrain warranty is up, or im confident that I have a good transmission. From what I've seen, these DCT either fail early or they wont fail.

Last edited:
Factory warranty is 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first) bumper to bumper warranty, excluding normal wear items, and 5 years or 60,000 miles on the engine and drivetrain. GM will sell you an extension, to take the bumper to bumper warranty out to 5 years / 60K miles on the day of purchase only. You can't add the extra bumper to bumper warranty later. GM and others offer service contracts, sometimes called extended warranties, that can be purchased later. There are several threads on the forum about those.

The basic answer is that no mods will void the entire warranty. Well, I suppose if you turn the car into a full racer, and rip out all the things you don't need, like the infotainment cluster... Mods can cause GM to deny a specific warranty claim if they deem the problem to have been caused, even in part, by your mod.

But any single mod will, at most, affect the warranty only on issues related to the mod. So if you supercharge the engine and change out the entire exhaust system, and then the radio dies, the warranty on the radio shouldn't be impacted. But if you do that and burn up a valve, or eat a piston, bend a con rod, or snap an axle, GM is just going to laugh at you if you try to file a warranty claim.

Where it becomes sticky is if you have a problem that isn't caused by the mod, but could even remotely be related. Say you change out the exhaust system and then have an engine problem that isn't really caused by the exhaust. But when the dealer files a warranty claim, they inform GM that the exhaust isn't factory. GM could use that as an excuse to deny warranty coverage, and then your only option is to pay out of pocket, or sue GM. GM has a whole legal department with tons of experience fighting these kinds of cases. Good luck.

As a general rule, figure any changes you make to the engine or drivetrain to make more power put the engine & drivetrain warranty at risk. GM can say "we designed part X to handle 495 HP, not 525 HP or whatever, so the failure is the customer's responsibility." A warranty claim on a modified engine might not be denied, but that possibility always exists. If you've done major mods to make lots of extra power (e.g., a turbo or supercharger), pretty much throw the drivetrain warranty in the recycling bin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.