gymrat999

Casual User
Nov 26, 2017
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2007 Mustang GT
I saw a car for sale from Quebec and the car seller said the entire transaction is being handled by Richmeier Trading Corporation. The car is in their Quebec warehouse and they are a one stop shop for sellers as they do all the paperwork and ship the car to the buyer.

Has anyone hear of them? Or is this another scam?

Supposedly a middle man safety net service company that process sales on ebay, kijjiji, Craigslist, etc. Never dealt with them and don't know anyone that has. I would be tempted to wait until I talked to someone who has used them... or at least knows if they are legit. JMO...

Supposedly a middle man safety net service company that process sales on ebay, kijjiji, Craigslist, etc. Never dealt with them and don't know anyone that has. I would be tempted to wait until I talked to someone who has used them... or at least knows if they are legit. JMO...

Richmeier sent me an email that the funds have to be sent to their account in the UK by wire transfer where they are held. Car is delivered and I have 10 days to inspect vehicle or return it for 100% refund. After 10 days the funds are released to the seller. I couldn't find any information on them on other car forums either. That's a lot of money to wire out without any kind of protection. While it seems legit, this has me nervous, which is why i asked here.

I would not deal with them whatsoever. When you Google, the very first result is your question on this website. Good SEO there guys. In any case, there is about a page and a half of everyone else asking the same question...dating back to 2007, yet no website or company info anywhere... There is a response that goes back 10 years of a successful vehicle transaction.

not wishing to be a putt but Y would you even think of doing business with these guys,

is there not a few cars in North America you can buy easier???????

is this a one of a kind car for 300 grand if not do not do it

Jeff

not wishing to be a putt but Y would you even think of doing business with these guys,

is there not a few cars in North America you can buy easier???????

is this a one of a kind car for 300 grand if not do not do it

Jeff

It was a 2015 Stingray for 35k. That's much cheaper than dealerships which start at 50k on autotrader and was a private sale. It's why I was looking. yes I know, if it's too good to be true, it probably is :p

Hello;

lightfair from escrow-fraud.com here. I've also replied to your message on redflagdeals.

First: Yes, it's a scam. "Richmeier Trading Corporation" is the latest one in a long series of identical sites. Here are the last few examples of the "R" variant:

Richberg Trading Corporation
Rewerts Trading Corporation
Risberg Trading Corporation
Rocknet Trading Corporation

and so on.

There's also an "I" variant:

Izinga Trading Corporation (currently active)
Izec Trading Corporation
Irvine Trading Corporation
Ivers Trading Corporation

and so on.

So how does this scam work:

Bogus escrow - Wikipedia

This one has a special "spin", though. As "AllFlash" correctly noted the actual site is not found by Google. This is not the result of shitty SEO though. The scammer deliberately uses "noindex" and "nofollow" tags (or at least he did this in the past; nowadays the whole site has javascript obfuscation); because we "scammer hunters" would find very quickly. Instead the scammer has set up a number of "forums" (in reality just single web pages) on which people seems to ask about the "company" and then get good recommendations. And yes, people have fallen for this. Those "forums" mimick existing legit forums; like this:

Richmeier Trading Corporation SAFE!!!!!!

The real forum can be found under Mountain Bike Forum - Pinkbike (they have absolutely nothing to do with this).

This particular scammer has been operating for several years; I've been following him since late 2015.

I saw a car for sale from Quebec and the car seller said the entire transaction is being handled by Richmeier Trading Corporation.
The car is in their Quebec warehouse and they are a one stop shop for sellers
as they do all the paperwork and ship the car to the buyer.

Has anyone hear of them? Or is this another scam?
Might be just how you are wording it ... but might not be ...
however rather interesting to me that it's being stated as
"one stop shop for sellers"
which waives a huge flag among the many when wondering about "THE BUYER" :Woot:

Last edited:
Hello;

lightfair from escrow-fraud.com here. I've also replied to your message on redflagdeals.

First: Yes, it's a scam. "Richmeier Trading Corporation" is the latest one in a long series of identical sites. Here are the last few examples of the "R" variant:

and so on.

Izec Trading Corporation

and so on.

Bogus escrow - Wikipedia

This one has a special "spin", though. As "AllFlash" correctly noted the actual site is not found by Google. This is not the result of shitty SEO though. The scammer deliberately uses "noindex" and "nofollow" tags (or at least he did this in the past; nowadays the whole site has javascript obfuscation); because we "scammer hunters" would find very quickly. Instead the scammer has set up a number of "forums" (in reality just single web pages) on which people seems to ask about the "company" and then get good recommendations. And yes, people have fallen for this. Those "forums" mimick existing legit forums; like this:

The real forum can be found under Mountain Bike Forum - Pinkbike (they have absolutely nothing to do with this).

This particular scammer has been operating for several years; I've been following him since late 2015.

Ha, that's cute. Thanks for the heads up. I did do a 5 second background and yeah loooooads of red flags with this one at least going by first page results. @gymrat999 one to avoid for sure.

Reactions: YFCvii
It was a 2015 Stingray for 35k. That's much cheaper than dealerships which start at 50k on autotrader and was a private sale. It's why I was looking. yes I know, if it's too good to be true, it probably is :p

That price guarantees this is a scam. Couple that with a fake escrow service and a kijiji/craigslist I'm betting listing. Too good to be true is 100% always too good to be true, there's but not a sliver of hope I'm afraid :)

Keep looking buddy, you'll find something.

Hello;

and so on.

Izec Trading Corporation

and so on.

Bogus escrow - Wikipedia

WOW ... You are sooooooo welcome to be a New Member with your first post on this thread ... Thanks! :thumbs:
Would you by the chance of 1 in a Million ... have a Corvette? :Woot:
If you do, post your pictures (we like those too) ;)

Reactions: Nik
Thanks Lightfair! This is great to get confirmed and shared with others. I didn't even know this particular scam existed.

Yes the red flags were there, that's why I posted the question. Gotta hand it to them, it did seem legit. Thank goodness for forums like this one - I guess it's human nature like marriage a second time - the triumph of hope over experience. LOL

Thanks again all!

WOW ... You are sooooooo welcome to be a New Member with your first post on this thread ... Thanks! :thumbs:
Would you by the chance of 1 in a Million ... have a Corvette? :Woot:
If you do, post your pictures (we like those too) ;)

Well, my means of transportation is a Ford Fiesta; so I guess this doesn't really count...
I'm afraid I have not much to contribute to this forum (outside my "expertise" in spotting such fake sites); but if you or other forum members come across such a questionable "escrow" site again I'll gladly look into this.

What sort of world do we live in where you can't even trust an escrow service :D. I actually have my house closing end of December and the money is in escrow.

Lightfair, your contribution was PLENTY! May you be blessed to get the Vette parked next to the Fiesta

If anything these posts will get picked up by Google shortly and serve as a warning to future buyers at least for these trading names.

THAT (and other things).

Now, all of those previous "incarnations" are already defunct (the scammer removes them once word gets out; the domains are a bit hard to kill - but we try!).
I'd found the actual fake site earlier today and put it into the various databases; so I'm naturally looking around if there are potential victims. Your site (and another Canadian site) had already questions about the "company" - which means that Google and other search engines pick up your content very quickly and word gets out.
While all the previous replies in this thread already showed a certain intuitive sense that there is probably something wrong or fishy with this deal I figured it is still another thing to know exactly what's going on and how this scam works. This might be even more important as the scammer (naturally) targets people interested in somewhat high-priced items (like sports or vintage cars or jewelry) - hence people interested in sports cars might come across a similar situation at one point - and then it's good to be prepared.
Interesting tidbit: This scammer seems to target different geographic locations over time; a while ago he was mostly targetting buyers in the UK and Ireland; right now it seems to be Canada. If I had to guess where he's from I'd say probably Romania (because in the past most of those scams originated there) but I could be wrong. There's also a Russia angle on this.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. As I wrote in another posting I'll probably and sadly have not much to contribute about he main topic of this forum; but if questions about such shipping and escrow companies arise I'll gladly look into it.

@lightfair . Thank you for this contribution you have made. Indeed it sounded too good not to be a scam but your reinforcement and confirmation are much appreciated. And by the way. We are not a "toe the line" if you "can't talk Vette you don't belong" kind of forum. We have comedy, music, random pictures, etc. and you are more than welcome to hang out, surf through, and contribute as the opportunity arises. :Cheers2:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread